William Bowerfind, MD
While I specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of diseases, I feel that all conditions are best managed with a well-rounded and personalized approach. The best treatment for a particular disease may not be the best approach for a particular individual. I acknowledge that my role as a physician is not to tell you what to do, but rather to form a partnership through which we can develop a treatment plan that works well for you. I encourage the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle that includes exercise, diet, sleep, laughter, hope, smoking cessation, and, when needed, medication.
Dr. Bill Bowerfind graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, OH. He completed his internship, residency, and fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at The Osler Medical Service at John Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. He focuses on asthma, chronic cough, sleep apnea and other pulmonary needs at The Oregon Clinic - Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine. Dr. Bowerfind brings the clinic several honors and awards, including the Specialist Teacher of the Year from Providence Portland Medical Center. He has also been inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, and is the Director of Intensive Care at Providence Milwaukie Hospital.
In his free time, Dr. Bowerfind enjoys camping with his children, hiking, geocaching, skiing, running, cycling, motorcycle riding, and playing the guitar.
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Critical Care Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 2003
- Internship and Residency, The Osler Medical Service at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 1999
- MD, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, 1996
- BA, History, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 1990
- Medical Director, Providence Portland Medical Center Sleep Disorders Center
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Specialist Teacher of the Year, Providence Portland Medical Center, 2007
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Rebels With a Cause: Teenage smoking prevention