Hepatology (Liver Disease)
The Oregon Clinic hepatologists are dedicated to providing personalized medical care for patients with disorders, diseases, or conditions of the liver.
- ABOUT US
- OUR TEAM
- CONDITIONS & RESOURCES
- OUR LOCATIONS
Within the hepatology (liver disease) clinic of The Oregon Clinic, we focus on you, the patient. Our goal is always to improve our patient’s day-to-day life. We strive to provide consistent and high-quality healthcare to empower our patients to make informed decisions about their care.
Hepatology is the medical specialty which focuses on the treatment of diseases of the liver. Hepatology is a subspecialty of Gastroenterology and hepatologists treat liver diseases such as all types of hepatitis and cirrhosis. These include viral infections, metabolic diseases, alcohol-related injury, and ‘fatty liver’.
We provide a full range of health services for individuals with many disorders, diseases, or conditions of the liver. Our highly-skilled physicians and advanced providers specialize in the fields of gastroenterology and hepatology, allowing you to receive personalized medical care from specialists who continually seek advanced techniques for diagnosis and treatment. Our hepatologists are dedicated to supporting the overall mission of our practice: to provide specialty medicine with commitment, care, and compassion.
- Biliary diseases (primary biliary cholangitis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, autoimmune cholangitis)
- Cirrhosis of the liver and its complications
- Fatty liver disease
- Hepatitis (A,B,C,D,E)
- Liver cancer
- Metabolic diseases (hemochromatosis, Wilson’s disease, Alpha-1 antitrypsin)
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
PROCEDURES & TREATMENTS
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Liver biopsy
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts
- Upper endoscopy, colonoscopy
- Viral hepatitis therapy