Peter Banitt, MD, FACC
Everyone has unique needs and concerns. My goal is to understand what is truly important to you and then discuss what medications, interventions, and lifestyle choices are available to optimize your health.
Dr. Banitt is originally from Iowa, he received his undergraduate degree at St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN. He attended medical school at the University of Iowa. Dr. Banitt then moved to Boston where he completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Beth Israel Hospital, and his cardiology fellowship training at Brigham & Women’s Hospital.
Dr. Banitt treats patients with all aspects of cardiovascular disease and is skilled in coronary interventions/stenting procedures. He has spoken nationally and internationally on the role of PTSD on heart disease. Diversity is welcomed.
In his free time, Dr. Banitt enjoys camping, horseback riding, and improvisational comedy.
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women’s Hospital Cardiovascular Division, Boston, MA, 1995
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA, 1992
- MD, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, 1989
- BA, Chemistry, Summa Cum Laude, St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN, 1984
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Phi Beta Kappa
- “Top Doctor”, US News and World Reports
- Legacy Teaching Attending Award Recipient
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors, 2018, 2019
- Fellow of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
I really appreciate the professionalism shown by Dr Banitt and his staff.
Dr. Banitt always addresses my concerns in detail and in language I can easily understand. This is rare for most doctors and I truly appreciate his easy manner and great communication skills.
Yeah Dr. Banitt is an awesome doctor. I recommend him to anyone. He is highly qualified.
I have enjoyed dealing with Dr. Banitt and trust him completely.
This was a follow up appointment, but I did have a couple of questions I was concerned about. They were answered to my satisfaction.