Peter Banitt, MD, FACC
Everyone has unique needs and concerns. My goal is to understand what is truly important to you and then discuss what medications, interventions, and lifestyle choices are available to optimize your health.
Dr. Banitt is originally from Iowa. He received his undergraduate degree at St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN. He attended medical school at the University of Iowa. Dr. Banitt then moved to Boston where he completed his medical training in teaching hospitals of Harvard Medical School. His residency in Internal Medicine was at Beth Israel Hospital, and his cardiology fellowship training was at Brigham & Women’s Hospital.
Dr. Banitt treats patients with all aspects of cardiovascular disease and is skilled in coronary interventions/stenting procedures. He treats patients with all types of cardiovascular diseases and works with Internists, Family Physicians, and Naturopathic Doctors throughout the Portland area. Diversity is welcomed.
In his free time, Dr. Banitt enjoys gardening, travels through the beautiful Pacific Northwest, and walks with his German Shepherd and Labrador Retriever.
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women’s Hospital Cardiovascular Division, Boston, MA, 1995
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA, 1992
- MD, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, 1989
- BA, Chemistry, Summa Cum Laude, St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN, 1984
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Phi Beta Kappa
- “Top Doctor”, US News and World Reports
- Legacy Teaching Attending Award Recipient
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor
- Portland Monthly Top Doctor
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
I really appreciate the professionalism shown by Dr Banitt and his staff.
Dr. Banitt always addresses my concerns in detail and in language I can easily understand. This is rare for most doctors and I truly appreciate his easy manner and great communication skills.
Yeah Dr. Banitt is an awesome doctor. I recommend him to anyone. He is highly qualified.
I have enjoyed dealing with Dr. Banitt and trust him completely.
This was a follow up appointment, but I did have a couple of questions I was concerned about. They were answered to my satisfaction.