Michael Lefor, MD
My goals are always to provide the best and most appropriate care to the individual patient. I believe that this is accomplished by listening and planning with the patient about what is best for that person, even at times when there are only limited options. It is my goal that for every patient, compassionate and comprehensive care can be attained and ultimately leads to increased quality of life by using not only the best in medical science but also our community and the resources that it offers.
Dr. Lefor graduated from Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU). He later completed his internship and residency in internal medicine at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle. Dr. Lefor finished his pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine fellowship at the University of Utah. Currently, he focuses on asthma, COPD and sleep disorders at The Oregon Clinic - Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine. Dr. Lefor is the Medical Director for The Oregon Clinic Sleep Laboratory. He is board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Medicine.
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 2002
- Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA, 1999
- MD, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1996
- BS, Biology, University of Portland, Portland, OR, 1989
- Medical Director, The Oregon Clinic Sleep Laboratory, Gateway Building
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2020