Shaghayegh Aliabadi-Wahle, MD, FACS
My goal is to deliver evidence-based medicine to my patients in a personal and individualized manner.
Dr. Aliabadi-Wahle graduated from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA. She completed her residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI and finished her research fellowship at Tulane University School of Medicine. Dr. Aliabadi-Wahle focuses on endocrine surgery (thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal diseases) as well as treatment of breast cancer. She is a member of several organizations, including American association of endocrine surgeons and American association of clinical endocrinologists. She has served as the Providence Oregon wide Director of Surgery and the Chief of Surgery at Providence Portland Medical Center.
Dr. Shaghayegh Aliabadi-Wahle specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of endocrine disorders through Oregon Endocrine Surgery - A Service of The Oregon Clinic. Click here to learn more about this service.
- B.S., Biochemistry, University of California, Davis, CA, 1990
- M.D., Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, 1995
- Surgery Residency, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, 2001
- Regional Director, Oregon Surgery Program, 2012-Present
- Director, General Surgery, Portland Providence Medical Center, 2007-Present
- Chief of Surgery, Portland Providence Medical Center, 2007-2009
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2011
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2013
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2014
- Sharata A, Kelly T, Rozenfeld Y, Hammill C, Schuman E, Carlisle J, Aliabadi-Wahle S, Management of Primary Hyperparathyroidism: Can We Do Better? The American Surgeon. Jan 2017.
- Aliabadi-Wahle S., Kelley, T. et al, Treatment Strategies for Primary Hyperparathyroidism: What is the Cost? The American Surgeon. Nov 2014, 80(11): 1146-51.
- Sherata A, Aliabadi-Wahle S., Bhayani, N., Kurian, A., Reavis, K., Dunst, C., Swanstrom, L., Subxyphoid Thyroidectomy: A Feasibility Study. Surgical Innovations. April 2014, 21: 194-197.
- International surgical volunteerism: Honduras, Guatemala & Philippines
- Surgical Care Improvement Program Committee, Portland Providence Medical Center, 2007-Present
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, The Endocrine Society
- Member, American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Member, American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons