Shaghayegh Aliabadi-Wahle, MD, FACS
My goal is to deliver evidence-based medicine to my patients in a personal and individualized manner.
Dr. Aliabadi-Wahle focuses on thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgery as well as management of breast cancer. Whenever possible, she emphasizes a minimally invasive approach to treatment of endocrine diseases. She is very interested in surgical care improvement outcomes and to that effect has been involved in multiple local and national committees to optimize patient care. She has served as the head of general surgery division, chief of surgery and Oregon regional medical director of surgery. For the last three years, she has co-directed the Advanced Endocrine Surgery Course at the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons annual meeting.
How Our Endocrine Surgeons Compare to National Benchmarks for High Volume Centers
When not working, Dr. Aliabadi-Wahle is interested in international volunteerism and playing Rummikub.
- Residency, Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, 2001
- MD, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, 1995
- BS, Biochemistry, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA, 1990
- Director, General Surgery, Portland Providence Medical Center, 2007 - 2017
- Regional Director, Oregon Surgery Program, 2012 - 2016
- Chief of Surgery, Portland Providence Medical Center, 2007 - 2009
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Ghazizadeh S, Kelly TL, Khajanchee YS, Fleser J, Rozenfeld Y, Neuman M, Hammill CW, Orr L, Aliabadi-Wahle S. Standardization of thyroid ultrasound reporting in the community setting decreases biopsy rates. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2021 Feb 2. doi: 10.1111/cen.14431. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33529386.
- Sharata A, Kelly T, Rozenfeld Y, Hammill C, Schuman E, Carlisle J, Aliabadi-Wahle S, Management of Primary Hyperparathyroidism: Can We Do Better? The American Surgeon. Jan 2017.
- Aliabadi-Wahle S., Kelley, T. et al, Treatment Strategies for Primary Hyperparathyroidism: What is the Cost? The American Surgeon. Nov 2014, 80(11): 1146-51.
- Sherata A, Aliabadi-Wahle S., Bhayani, N., Kurian, A., Reavis, K., Dunst, C., Swanstrom, L., Subxyphoid Thyroidectomy: A Feasibility Study. Surgical Innovations. April 2014, 21: 194-197.
- International surgical volunteerism: Honduras, Guatemala & Philippines
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Member, American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons