Shaghayegh Aliabadi-Wahle, MD, FACS
My goal is to deliver evidence-based medicine to my patients in a personal and individualized manner.
Dr. Aliabadi-Wahle focuses on thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgery as well as management of breast cancer. Whenever possible, she emphasizes a minimally invasive approach to treatment of endocrine diseases. She is very interested in surgical care improvement outcomes and to that effect has been involved in multiple local and national committees to optimize patient care. She has served as the head of general surgery division, chief of surgery and Oregon regional medical director of surgery.
When not working, Dr. Aliabadi-Wahle is interested in international volunteerism and playing Rummikub.
Dr. Shaghayegh Aliabadi-Wahle specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of endocrine disorders through Oregon Endocrine Surgery - A Service of The Oregon Clinic. Click here to learn more about this service.
- BS, Biochemistry, University of California, Davis, CA, 1990
- MD, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, 1995
- Surgery Residency, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, 2001
- Director, General Surgery, Portland Providence Medical Center, 2007 - Present
- Regional Director, Oregon Surgery Program, 2012 - 2016
- Chief of Surgery, Portland Providence Medical Center, 2007 - 2009
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2011
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2013
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2014
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2016
- Sharata A, Kelly T, Rozenfeld Y, Hammill C, Schuman E, Carlisle J, Aliabadi-Wahle S, Management of Primary Hyperparathyroidism: Can We Do Better? The American Surgeon. Jan 2017.
- Aliabadi-Wahle S., Kelley, T. et al, Treatment Strategies for Primary Hyperparathyroidism: What is the Cost? The American Surgeon. Nov 2014, 80(11): 1146-51.
- Sherata A, Aliabadi-Wahle S., Bhayani, N., Kurian, A., Reavis, K., Dunst, C., Swanstrom, L., Subxyphoid Thyroidectomy: A Feasibility Study. Surgical Innovations. April 2014, 21: 194-197.
- International surgical volunteerism: Honduras, Guatemala & Philippines
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Member, American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Management of Primary Hyperaldosteronism: Updated Guidelines, Winter 2017
- Management of Thyroid Nodules and Well Differentiated Thyroid Cancer, Winter 2017
- Management of Primary Hyperparathyroidism: Can We Do Better?, Winter 2017
- Trends in Thyroid Cancer & Indeterminate Thyroid Nodules and Gene Expression, Winter 2015
- Trends in Thyroid Cancer, Summer 2015
- Indeterminate Thyroid Nodules and Gene Expression, Summer 2015
- Treatment Strategies for Primary Hyperparathyroidism: What is the cost?, Summer 2015