Samuel Bartholomew, MD, FACS
It is a privilege to be entrusted with the care of my patients. I work with each patient to help them look and feel their best. I am committed to helping my patients achieve the finest results and best functional outcomes.
Dr. Bartholomew enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons. His hobbies include cycling, fishing, scuba diving and backpacking.
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Chief Resident, Plastic Surgery, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, 2008
- Resident, Plastic Surgery, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, 2007
- Chief Resident, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2006
- Research Associate, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2003
- Resident, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2005
- MD, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, 2000
- Premedical Studies, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, 1995
- BA, University of San Diego, La Jolla, CA, 1992
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors", 2012, 2016-2022
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition, Patientschoice.org, 2009-2013
- On-Time Physician Award, 2010-Present - Patientschoice.org
- Patients' Choice Award, Patientschoice.org, 2008-2017
- Primary Investigator, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (PSEF) Grant, 2004
- French Foundation for Medical Research and Education Research Grant, Pasteur Institute, Paris, France, 1997
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Member, Medical Society of Metropolitan Portland
Excellent doctor and surgeon, compassionate, really listens to your issues. If there were a higher rating than 5 stars I would definitely give it.
Dr. Bartholomew guided me through a 2-month hospital stay at Providence that included 2 major surgeries by him. I firmly believe that if not for him I would have ended up with one, and perhaps two, amputations. His skill and professionalism gave me confidence, and his caring attitude was a true blessing!
Last week I had my second hand surgery (left) with Dr. Bartholomew. In 2010 he operated on my right. I cannot tell you how impressed I am with Dr. Bartholomew and his entire staff. Absolutely quality people and quality work. I'd recommend him for anything you need a keen eye and caring surgeon for. Thank you all for your outstanding service.