Samuel Bartholomew, MD, FACS
It is a privilege to be entrusted with the care of my patients. I work with each patient to help them look and feel their best. I am committed to helping my patients achieve the finest results and best functional outcomes.
I enjoy outdoor activities, including golfing and fishing, and spending time with my family.
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Chief Resident, Plastic Surgery, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, 2008
- Resident, Plastic Surgery, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, 2007
- Chief Resident, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2006
- Research Associate, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2003
- Resident, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2005
- MD, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, 2000
- Premedical Studies, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, 1995
- BA, University of San Diego, La Jolla, CA, 1992
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors", 2012, 2016-2018
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition, Patientschoice.org, 2009-2013
- On-Time Physician Award, 2010-Present - Patientschoice.org
- Patients' Choice Award, Patientschoice.org, 2008-2017
- Primary Investigator, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (PSEF) Grant, 2004
- French Foundation for Medical Research and Education Research Grant, Pasteur Institute, Paris, France, 1997
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Oregon Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, Mackenzie Society
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Member, Medical Society of Metropolitan Portland
- Providence Cancer Center - Breast Cancer Leadership Committee
- Oregon Medical Association Legislative Committee
- Member, Catholic Medical Association
Excellent doctor and surgeon, compassionate, really listens to your issues. If there were a higher rating than 5 stars I would definitely give it.
Dr. Bartholomew guided me through a 2-month hospital stay at Providence that included 2 major surgeries by him. I firmly believe that if not for him I would have ended up with one, and perhaps two, amputations. His skill and professionalism gave me confidence, and his caring attitude was a true blessing!
Last week I had my second hand surgery (left) with Dr. Bartholomew. In 2010 he operated on my right. I cannot tell you how impressed I am with Dr. Bartholomew and his entire staff. Absolutely quality people and quality work. I'd recommend him for anything you need a keen eye and caring surgeon for. Thank you all for your outstanding service.