Alice Wang-Chesebro, MD
I am deeply committed to giving my best for all my patients with cancer. It has been very fulfilling for me to use my skills and training to provide compassionate care for my patients.
Dr. Wang-Chesebro grew up outside of Columbus, Ohio and completed her undergraduate education at Harvard University, where she studied biological anthropology. She then received her MD from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. During medical school, she developed a kinship with many of her cancer patients and decided to focus her career on oncology. She received the Cancer Research Training Award from the National Cancer Institute and spent a year studying protein expression in squamous cell cancer. She then completed internship at the Legacy Emanuel Hospital. Dr. Wang-Chesebro completed her residency and became Chief Resident at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF). She has coauthored radiation oncology textbook chapters and published articles in leading scientific journals on intensity modulated radiotherapy, high dose rate brachytherapy for cervical cancer, and presented her research at national meetings.
Today she focuses on breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, gynecologic cancer, brain tumors, and lung cancer. She also specializes in procedures such as high dose rate brachytherapy including intracavitary and interstitial implants, stereotactic body radiosurgery, gamma knife radiosurgery, and deep inspiration breath hold technique. She serves as the Medical Director of the Clackamas Radiation Oncology Center
To refer a patient or request an appointment, please call: (503) 215-6029 for The Oregon Clinic at Providence Cancer Center or (503) 513-3300 for The Oregon Clinic at Providence Clackamas Medical Center.
Outside of medicine, she enjoys travel, good food, reading, music, and going on adventures with her husband and three children.
- Chief Resident, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 2008
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 2008
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Legacy Emanuel Hospital, Portland, OR, 2004
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, 2003
- BA, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 1998
- Medical Director, Clackamas Radiation Oncology Center
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors", 2018, 2019, 2020
- Research has been presented at national and regional meetings
- Published articles in leading scientific journals on intensity modulated radiotherapy, high dose rate brachytherapy for cervical cancer
- Magna Cum Laude, Harvard University
- Member, American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
- Member, American Society for Clinical Oncology
- Member, American Brachytherapy Society
- Member, American Board of Radiology
- Physician Representative, Providence Portland Breast Program Leadership Committee
- Physician Representative, Providence Regional Cancer Committee