Aaron Schwartz, MD
My patients and I have a collaborative process in which I walk them through all their options and help them evaluate which will lead to the most successful outcome.
Dr. Schwartz is a Sports Medicine board certified physician and was an assistant team physician for the Atlanta Falcons and Georgia Tech Yellowjackets while in Fellowship. He began his career training with one of the pioneers of the quad tendon ACL reconstruction. Dr. Schwartz also specializes in hip arthroscopies, complex knee and shoulder arthroscopies, and total and reverse shoulder replacements.
Dr. Schwartz loves being able to solve problems and get his patients back to work or their favorite activity at the same level they were at before an injury. Whether it's fixing a teenager's ACL before their senior football season or repairing a rotator cuff for a retiree to get them back on the pickleball court, he takes immense pride when his patients get back to their lives pain free.
Dr. Schwartz loves living in Portland because of the food scene and easy access to the outdoors.
Outside of work, he enjoys hiking, biking, traveling, skiing, going out to restaurants and watching Chicago sports (go Bulls).
- Sports Medicine
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, 2017
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2016
- Internship, Department of General Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2012
- MD, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, Chicago, IL, 2011
- BS, Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, IL, 2007
- Schwartz, A, Karas S. Arthroscopic Repair of an Isolated Teres Minor Tear with Associated Posterior Glenohumeral Ligament Avulsion. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Open Access 2018; 2(2) 133-136
- Mayekar E, Schwartz B, Setayesh K, Schwartz A, Watson JN, Hutchinson MR. Upper Extremity Injuries in Field Athletes: Targeting Injury Prevention. Ann Sports Med Res 2017; 4(1): 1098
- Shah S, Schwartz B, Schwartz A, Mossad D, Moretti V, Chmell S. Total Knee Arthroplasty in the Younger Patient: National Trends and Perioperative Outcomes. Journal of Knee Surgery 2017; 30 (6): 555-559
- Mayers W, Schwartz B, Schwartz A, Moretti V, Goldstein W, Shah R. Total Hip Arthroplasty in Avascular Necrosis: Perioperative Outcomes and National Trends. International Orthopaedics 2016; 40 (9): 1787 – 1792
- Schwartz A, Watson J, Hutchinson M. Patellar Tendinopathy. Sports Health 2015; 7(5): 415-420
- Redmond J, Schwartz A, Gupta A, Finch N, Stake C, Domb B. A Matched-Pair controlled Study of Psoas Tenotomy With Minimum Two-Year Follow Up. OJSM 2015; 3(7)
- Chez M, Chang M, Krasne V, Coughlan C, Kominsky M, Schwartz A. Frequency of Epileptiform EEG Abnormalities in a Sequential Screening of Autistic Patients with No Known Clinical Epilepsy from 1996 to 2005. Epilepsy and Behavior 2006; 8(1): 267-271.
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Arthroscopic Association of North America