Monina Pascua, MD, PharmD, MSCE
As a physician, my philosophy is to build a unique relationship with each patient based on trust, compassion, communication and education in order to effectively approach my patient’s needs, understand the pertinent medical issues and empower each patient to make appropriate healthcare decisions.
Dr. Pascua earned her doctorate of pharmacy from the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. She received her M.D. from Drexel University College of Medicine and completed her master’s degree in clinical epidemiology from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pascua completed an internship and residency in internal medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. She is a recipient of the Joan Kornblum Memorial Prize for Excellence in Internal Medicine, as well as the Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Achievement Citation Award. Dr. Pascua completed a fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and joined Gastroenterology Specialists of Oregon (now The Oregon Clinic Gastroenterology - South) in August 2009. During her residency and fellowship, she performed clinical research in pharmacoepidemiology, inflammatory bowel disorders, and microscopic colitis. Dr. Pascua has special interests in the treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease and women’s health issues in gastrointestinal disorders.
Dr. Pascua enjoys spending free time with her husband and son. She also enjoys reading, traveling, sightseeing, and attending cultural events.
- Pharm.D., University of Sciences in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- MD, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2003
- MS, Clinic Epidemiology, Clinical trials track, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2009
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2003 - 2004
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2004 - 2006
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2006 - 2009
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2013
- ACG Women's Committee, 2013 - Present