Michael Adler, MD
I strive to treat each patient as though they were my own family or friend, customizing treatment to achieve results as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Dr. Adler joined The Oregon Clinic Portland Dermatology in 1997, after serving as Chief Resident during his dermatology residency at Oregon Health and Science University. He received his medical degree from the University of California at San Diego Medical School and graduated cum laude from Stanford University.
Dr. Adler was drawn to dermatology because it offers a unique blend of different areas: patient interaction, pattern/visual learning and diagnosis, immunology, microbiology, surgery and pathology. He enjoys working with his patients to solve their unique set of problems and issues that help guide formation of an optimal treatment approach specifically for them. His goal is to help his patients achieve the best and most satisfying results possible.
Dr. Adler is an honored dermatologist and is frequently named to Portland Monthly’s list of Top Doctors. He is also a past President of the Oregon Dermatology Society and has been Chair of Dermatology at Legacy Portland Hospitals for the past fifteen years. He enjoys teaching dermatology and leading conferences as an Affiliate Professor of Dermatology at Oregon Health and Science University. Dr. Adler also provided charitable care at The Wallace Medical Concern.
Outside of work and spending time with his family and friends, Dr. Adler enjoys golf, tennis, hiking, yoga, reading, following our Blazers and Timbers, and of course, good food.
- Residency, Dermatology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1997
- Internship, Internal Medicine, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, 1994
- MD, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, 1993
- BS, Cum Laude, Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 1988
- Section Chair of Dermatology, Legacy Emanuel Hospital
- Section Chair of Dermatology, Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital
- Dermatology Board Representative, The Oregon Clinic
- President, Oregon Dermatology Society, 2007-2008
- Affiliate Professor of Dermatology, OHSU
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors", 2020, 2022
- Adler MJ, Larsen WG. Clinical variability of shiitake dermatitis. J Amer Acad Dermatol 2012; 67(4): e140-1.
- Adler MJ, White CR Jr. Amelanotic Malignant Melanoma. Semin Cutan Med Surg 1997 Jun; 16(2): 122-30.
- Oregon Dermatology Society
- American Academy of Dermatology