Marc Jacobs, MD
Pulmonary medicine has provided me with a special opportunity to serve those with a variety of diseases. I hope to provide my patients with an insight into their disease that helps them understand their symptoms, treatment options and prognosis. My partners and I are dedicated to provide all of our patients with compassionate and empathetic care.
Dr. Jacobs graduated from the University of California San Diego (UCSD) and later completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle, WA. He served as a Senior in Internal Medicine in Ambulatory Care at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Seattle, WA. Dr. Jacobs completed his fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at the University of Michigan Hospitals. He is a current member of several associations and organizations, including the Society of Critical Care Medicine, the American Thoracic Society and the American College of Chest Physicians. Dr. Jacobs was the former President of the Oregon Thoracic Society and the former Medical Director of the Critical Care Unit at St. Charles Medical Center (SCMC) in Bend, OR. Dr. Jacobs currently serves as the medical director of Critical Care Services at Providence Portland Medical Center. Dr. Jacobs now focuses on general pulmonary medicine, asthma, sarcoidosis and other interstitial lung diseases, critical care medicine, evaluation of dyspnea and other needs at The Oregon Clinic - Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine.
Dr. Jacobs enjoys photography, cycling and exploring new places.
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Critical Care Medicine
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1999
- Residency, Senior Internal Medicine in Ambulatory Care, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1996
- Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1995
- MD, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, 1992
- BS, Kinesiology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 1987
- Medical Director, Critical Care Unit, St. Charles Medical Center (SCMC), Bend, OR, 2003-2007
- Magna Cum Laude, University of California, 1987
- Member, Oregon Thoracic Society, 1999-Present
- Member, Society of Critical Care Medicine, 1999-Present
- Member, American Thoracic Society, 1997-Present
- Member, American College of Chest Physicians, 1996-Present
- Member, American College of Physicians, 1993-Present
- Board of Directors, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Central Oregon Chapter, 2005-2007
- President, Oregon Thoracic Society, 2007-2009