Ken K. Lee, MD
It is a great privilege to take care of patients with skin cancers. I appreciate the trust they have placed in me to treat the cancer and functionally and cosmetically restore them.
Dr. Ken K. Lee specializes in all aspects of dermatologic surgery with a special emphasis on Mohs Micrographic Surgery (a precise technique to remove skin cancers), reconstructive surgery, laser and cosmetic surgery. During his 12-year tenure on the faculty at Oregon Health and Science University, he was the Director of Dermatologic Surgery and Associate Professor in the Departments of Dermatology, Surgery, and Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery. He received his undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University and medical degree from Cornell University. He completed an internal medicine residency at Stanford University followed by dermatology residency and advanced dermatologic and Mohs Surgery fellowship at Oregon Health and Science University.
Dr. Lee is interested in dermatology’s balance of surgery and artistry. His primary focus is Mohs micrographic surgery, which entails the precise and meticulous removal of skin cancers followed by reconstructive surgery. He has received fellowship training specifically for Mohs micrographic surgery and has performed 25,000 cases over the last 20 years.
Dr. Lee is widely recognized for his expertise on skin cancer, cosmetic, and dermatologic surgery, having presented over 100 lectures at national and international conferences. A renowned researcher, Dr. Lee was the principle investigator of a cancer research project awarded by the National Cancer Institute/National Institute of Health. Dr. Lee was also was a member of both research projects that led to the FDA approval of BOTOX® and Dysport®.
Dr. Lee has held leadership positions in many organizations including serving on the Boards of Directors for the prestigious organizations American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, American College of Mohs Surgery, and the Association of Academic Dermatologic Surgeons. He is the principle author of the textbook Color Atlas of Cutaneous Excisions and Repairs and has written numerous research articles and book chapters. He frequently appears in regional and national media and has been featured as the laser expert in ELLE Magazine.
Outside of work, Dr. Lee takes advantage of the relaxed Northwest lifestyle by golfing.
- Fellowship, Advanced Dermatologic Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1999
- Residency, Dermatology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1998
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, 1993
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, 1991
- MD, Cornell University Medical College, New York City, NY, 1990
- BA, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 1986
- Director, American College of Mohs Surgery
- Director, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Director, Association of Academic Dermatologic Surgeons
- President, Oregon Dermatology Society
- Chair, Scientific Program Committee, American College of Mohs Surgery
- Chair, Annual Meeting, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Principle Investigator, National Cancer Institute Research Grant
- Excellence in Education Award, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Lee KK, Lee HN, Swanson NA. Color Atlas of Cutaneous Excisions and Repairs. Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Lee KK, Thomas VD, Swanson NA. Mohs Micrographic Surgery, in Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology in General Medicine. 7th ed, edited by Wolff, Goldsmith, Katz, Gilchrest, Paller, Leffell, New York, McGraw-Hill, 2007.
- Thomas VD, Long W, Rohrer T, Swanson NA, Lee KK. Reconstruction of Skin Cancer Defects in Skin Cancer. Edited by Nouri. London Elsevier, 2007.
- Wilson B, Willey A, Lee KK. Suturing Techniques in Dermatologic Surgery. Edited by Vidimos, 2007 Mehrany K, Lee KK: *Skin Cancer.* In Arndt KA, Hsu JTS, editors: Manual of Dermatologic Therapeutics, Seventh Edition: 199-209.
- Lee KK, Mehrany K, Swanson NA. Scalp Reconstruction, in Flaps and Grafts in Dermatologic Surgery. Edited by Rohrer, Cook, Nguyen, and Mellette. London, Elsevier, 2006.
- Lee KK, Mehrany K, Swanson NA. Recognition and Treatment of Skin Lesions, in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. 4th ed, edited by Cummings, Flint, Haughey, Thomas, Harker, Robbins, Schuller, and Richardson. Philadelphia, Elsevier, 2004
- Lee KK, Swanson NA. Mohs Micrographic Surgery, in Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology in General Medicine. 6th ed, edited by Freedberg, Eisen, Wolff, Austen, Goldsmith, Katz, Fitzpatrick, New York, McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- Lee KK, Gorman AK, Swanson NA. Biopsy Techniques, in Cancer of the Skin. Edited by Rigel, Friedman, Marks, Reintgen, Bystryn, Dzubow, London, Elsevier, 2004.
- Lee KK, Gorman AK, Swanson NA. Scar Revision, in Surgery of the Skin. Edited by Robinson, Hanke, Sengelmann, and Siegel. London, Elsevier. 2004.
- Fellow, American College of Mohs Surgery
- Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology