Kelly Wells, NP
Providing the best evidence-based care for patients is my priority.
After 16 years working in the ICU, Kelly chose to work in sleep medicine so she could focus on preventing health issues. She believes good sleep is the basic building block for good health. In addition to two years of experience working in pulmonary and sleep medicine, Kelly has 30 years of nursing experience.
Kelly’s favorite part of her job is meeting new people and learning their life story. She loves being able to help people feel better by getting good sleep. She also enjoys helping people overcome their fears of trying a CPAP machine.
Kelly is a recent Portland transplant, having just moved here from Southern Oregon. She is looking forward to learning the area and trying new restaurants. Outside of work, Kelly enjoys hiking, baking, quilting, theater, a good book, and spending time with her family.
- MSN, Graceland University, Independence, MO, 2016
- ADN, Southern Oregon University, Ashland, OR, 1982
- President, Pacific Crest Regional Chapter, American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, 2011-2013
- President-Elect, Pacific Crest Regional Chapter, American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, 2009-2011
- Nurse of Year, Providence Medford Medical Center, 2013
- AACN Circle of Excellence Award in Chapter Collaboration, 2011
- AACN Circle of Excellence Award in Chapter Community Education and Public Service, 2011
- Providence Teamworks Award, 2006
- CPR Anytime Training (Hands Only) In Jackson County Middle Schools, 2012
- Stroke Education on Prevention and Early Detection to Jackson County Residents, 2010-2011
- Camp Nurse for Youth and/or Family Camps, 2000-2010
- Co-Leader, Cub Scout Den, 1994-1997
- Jackson County High School Career Day, 2005
- Co-Leader of Girl Scout Troop,1996-2003
- Crater High School Student Mentor Program, 1996-1997
- Member, American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), 2004-Present
- Member, Oregon Nurses Association, 2009-Present
- Member, American Nurses Association, 2009-Present