Jordana Gaumond, MD, FACS
In order to provide the highest quality medical care, I believe care must be individualized to each patient's needs, values, and goals combined with the best medicine has to offer.
Dr. Gaumond completed her Medical Degree and General Surgery residency at Oregon Health & Science University. She then completed a fellowship in Transplantation Surgery at The Ohio State University. She is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. She is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and certified by the American Society of Transplant Surgeons.
She enjoys all aspects of treating patients with surgical needs and in caring for each patient as an individual. Her practice interests include all areas of General Surgery, open and laparoscopic for Cancer and non-Cancer disease processes. Examples of common procedures include, but are not limited to, surgery for diseases of the breast, gallbladder, intestine or colon, kidney, abdominal wall or musculature (hernia), autoimmune disorders, tumors, masses, and cancers.
When she is not practicing surgery, she enjoys outdoor and family activities.
What to do with an inguinal hernia?
Dr. Jordana Gaumond explains.
Possible solution with surgery.
- Fellowship, Abdominal Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2008
- Research Fellowship, Transplantation Research Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, Oregon Health & Science University, 2006
- Internship and Residency, General Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2006
- MD, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2000
- BS, Chemistry, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1995
- Board of Directors Physicians Insurance, Seattle, WA, 2019-Present
- Consultant Medical Director Value Oriented Architecture, Value Improvement Project Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR, 2018-Present
- Medical Executive Committee, Member at Large, Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR, 2017-2022
- Board Member, The Oregon Clinic, 2016-2021
- Medical Professional Liability Association Fellows Leadership Program, 2019-2021
- Hospital Credentials Committee, Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR, 2019-2020
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023
- Outstanding Surgical Fellow Award for Excellence in teaching, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2007-2008
- Gold Plaque Award for Outstanding Oral Presentation, Columbus Surgical Society, Columbus, OH, 2007
- Martin Howard Resident Award for Best Published Research, Legacy Hospitals and OHSU, Portland, OR, 2006
- Resident Teaching Award, Department of Surgery OHSU, Portland, OR, 2006
- Renal Transplant Outstanding Resident Award, OHSU, Portland, OR, 2005
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Outstanding Resident Award, OHSU, Portland, OR, 2003
- Urology Outstanding Intern Award, OHSU, Portland, OR, 2001
- William Krippaehne Student of Surgery Award, OHSU, Portland, OR, 2000
- Brauti Scholarship for Academic Excellence, OHSU, Portland, OR, 1999
- Gerlinger Scholarship for Academic Excellence, OHSU, Portland, OR, 1997-1999
- Oregon State University Graduate Studies Scholarship for Highest Achievement in the College of Science, OHSU, Portland, OR, 1996-1997
- Sloat Memorial Scholarship OHSU, Portland, OR, 1996-1997
- Merck Index Award for the Outstanding Senior in Chemistry Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1995
- Phi Lambda Upsilon, Elite Chemistry Honor Society, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1995
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1995
- Jesse Hansen Scholarship for Academic Excellence in Science, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1993-1995
- Obhrai JS, Leach J, Gaumond J, Langewisch E, Mittalhenkle A, Olyaei A. Topics in Transplantation. Medicine for General Nephrologists. CJASN 2010 Aug;5(8):1518-29.
- Rayhill SC, Scott D, OrloffS, Horn JL, Schwartz J, Zaman A, Sasaki A, Naugler WS, Chang M, Gaumond J, Wu Y, Ham J. Am J Transplant. 2009 Jul;9(7):1602-6.
- Gaumond JL, Henry ML. American Society of Transplant Surgeons Academic Universe Learning Module: Organ Preservation, 2008.
- (Past Professional Name: Jordana L Soule, MD)
- Soule JL, Henry ML. Noninvasive Methods to Identify Early Vascular Access Dysfunction. Semin Vasc Surg. 2007 Sep;20(3):164-6.
- Pelletier RP, Soule J, Henry ML, Rajab A, Ferguson RM. Clinical Outcomes of Renal Transplant Recipients Treated with Enteric-Coated Mycophenolic Acid vs. Mycophenolate Mofetil as a Switch Agent Using a Primary Steroid-Free Rapamune and Microemulsion Cyclosporine Protocol. elin Transplant. 2007 Jul-Aug;21(4):532-5.
- Soule JL and Henry ML. The use of Central Catheters for Hemodialysis.End-Stage Renal Disease - Vascular Access 2007- March 2007:23-4.
- Soule JL, Streblow DN, Andoh TF, Kreklywich CN, Orloff SL. Cytomegalovirus Accelerates Chronic Allograft Nephropathy in a Rat Renal Transplant Model with Associated Provocative Chemokine Profiles. Transplant Proc. 2006 Dec;38(10):3214-20.
- Rosenblatt GS, Conlin MJ, Soule JL, Rayhill SC, Barry JM. Right renal vein extension with recipient left renal vein after laparoscopic donor nephrectomy. Transplantation. 2006 Jan 15;81 (1): 135-6.
- Streblow DN, Kreklywich CN, Smith P, Soule JL, Meyer C, Yin M, Beisser P, Vink C, Nelson JA, Orloff SL. Rat Cytomegalovirus-accelerated Transplant Vascular Sclerosis is Reduced With Mutation of the Chemokine-receptor R33Am J Transplant. 2005 Mar;5(3):436-42.
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Member, American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Member, Portland Surgical Society
- Member, Mackenzie Surgical Society