Jonathan Alexander, MD
I aim to practice the highest quality medical care with integrity and emphasis on meeting the best interests of my patients.
Dr. Alexander graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1993 with a bachelor’s degree in Biological Basis of Behavior (Neurobiology). In 1999 he received his medical degree at the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey and went on to complete his dermatology residency training at the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona in 2003. He is board certified in dermatology.
Dr. Alexander is fascinated by dermatology because it encompasses a wide array of medical conditions and provides the opportunity to take care of a diverse group of patients, from pediatric to geriatric populations. He finds satisfaction in connecting with patients and helping them address their dermatological needs, whether for a solitary concern or over the course of many years.
Dr. Alexander has a wide range of interests in medical and surgical dermatology. As Clinical Assistant Professor at Oregon Health and Science University, he participates in weekly morphology conferences and provides lectures and presentations. He was also the recipient of the OHSU Dermatology Community Faculty Teaching Award for six consecutive years.
In addition to spending time with his family, Dr. Alexander enjoys playing piano and drums, skiing, photography, gardening, and travel.
- Residency, Dermatology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 2003
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Cabrini Medical Center-Mount Sinai, New York City, NY, 2000
- MD, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NY, 2000
- BA, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1993
- OHSU Dermatology Community Faculty Teaching Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- American Academy of Dermatology