Jennine Varhola, DO, FACOG
I try to be very holistic in my approach. I like to tailor my treatments to specifically meet the needs of each patient, recognizing that we are all unique individuals.
Dr. Varhola received her Doctor of Osteopathy degree from the New York College of Osteopathic medicine. She completed her medical residency at St Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Hartford, Connecticut. Dr. Varhola is a Board-Certified Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (FACOG). She has served as an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor and continues to promote and facilitate education for medical students in the Portland area. Dr. Varhola has a special interest in colposcopies and treatment of abnormal PAPs. Her practice includes preventive care, including cancer screenings, minimally invasive surgeries using the daVinci Robotic technology, gynecologic and woman’s wellness, and full spectrum obstetrical care.
Dr. Varhola participates in recreational triathlons and practices hot yoga. She is involved in international medical missions. She also loves animals and enjoys all the outdoor activities Oregon has to offer. When Dr. Varhola is not working, she enjoys biking, swimming, yoga and hiking with her golden retriever, Ginger.
- B.A., University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 1991
- Graduate Studies, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 1992
- Post-graduate Studies, SUNY@ Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY, 1993-1996
- D.O., New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, NY 2002
- OB/GYN Residency, St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, CT, 2006
- Attending Physician, Hamptons Gynecology & Obstetrics, Southampton, NY 2006-2010
- First Year Honor Society-Phi Eta Sigma, 1988
- AMSA Leadership Award, Chapter President: American Medical Student Association, 1999
- Laparoscopic Surgery Resident Award, Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons, 2006
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2014
- Outstanding Medical Student Preceptor Award 2013
- Volunteer, South Fork Breast Health Coalition, 1996-2010
- Volunteer Surgeon/Obstetrics & Gynecology, Medical Ministry International, Dominican Republic, 2005
- Volunteer Surgeon/Obstetrics & Gynecology, African Orphanage, Faithworks Medical Mission, Tanzania, 2006, 2007
- Volunteer, Surgeon, International Surgical Mission Support, Ecuador, 2012
- Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor, NYCOM Medical Students/Residents, 2007-2010
- Adjunct Clinical Instructor, PNWU Medical Students, 2012-present
- Member, American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP)
- Member, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine