Jennine Varhola, DO, FACOG
I try to be very holistic in my approach. I like to tailor my treatments to specifically meet the needs of each patient, recognizing that we are all unique individuals.
Dr. Varhola received her Doctor of Osteopathy degree from the New York College of Osteopathic medicine. She completed her medical residency at St Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Hartford, Connecticut. Dr. Varhola is a Board-Certified Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (FACOG). She has served as an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor and continues to promote and facilitate education for medical students in the Portland area. Dr. Varhola has a special interest in colposcopies and treatment of abnormal PAPs. Her practice includes preventive care, including cancer screenings, minimally invasive surgeries using the daVinci Robotic technology, gynecologic and woman’s wellness, and full spectrum obstetrical care.
Dr. Varhola participates in recreational triathlons and practices hot yoga. She is involved in international medical missions. She also loves animals and enjoys all the outdoor activities Oregon has to offer. When Dr. Varhola is not working, she enjoys biking, swimming, yoga and hiking with her golden retriever, Ginger.
- Attending Physician, Hamptons Gynecology & Obstetrics, Southampton, NY, 2010
- Residency, St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, CT, 2006
- DO, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, NY 2002
- Post-graduate Studies, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY, 1996
- Graduate Studies, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, 1992
- BA, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, 1991
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2014
- Outstanding Medical Student Preceptor Award 2013
- Laparoscopic Surgery Resident Award, Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons, 2006
- AMSA Leadership Award, Chapter President: American Medical Student Association, 1999
- First Year Honor Society-Phi Eta Sigma, 1988
- Volunteer, Surgeon, International Surgical Mission Support, Ecuador, 2012
- Volunteer, South Fork Breast Health Coalition, 1996-2010
- Volunteer Surgeon/Obstetrics & Gynecology, African Orphanage, Faithworks Medical Mission, Tanzania, 2006, 2007
- Volunteer Surgeon/Obstetrics & Gynecology, Medical Ministry International, Dominican Republic, 2005
- Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor, NYCOM Medical Students/Residents, 2007-2010
- Adjunct Clinical Instructor, PNWU Medical Students, 2012-present
- Member, American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP)
- Member, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine