Jeffrey Mercer, MD, PhD
Dr. Jeffrey Mercer was born and raised in the Portland area. He received his undergraduate degree at Rice University in Houston, TX before attending medical school at Northwestern University in Chicago, IL. In addition to earning his MD at Northwestern, he also completed a PhD in neuroscience as a member of the Medical Scientist Training Program. He completed his orthopedic training at the University of California, Irvine in Orange County, CA. Upon completion of his residency, he sought additional sub-specialty training in foot & ankle reconstruction at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC.
Dr. Mercer specializes in conditions involving pain and deformity of the lower limb and is well-trained in innovative and arthroscopic techniques. He is licensed in the state of Oregon and is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Society.
Education & Honors
- Adult Foot & Ankle Reconstruction Fellowship, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC Canada
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, University of California – Irvine, Orange, CA
- Internship, University of California – Irvine, Orange, CA
- MD, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 2008
- MS, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- BS, Rice University, Houston, TX
- Heckmann ND, Mercer JN, Wang LC, McGarry MH, Ross SDK, Lee TQ. Biomechanical Evaluation of a Cadaveric Flatfoot Model and Lateral Column Lengthening Technique. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2021 Sep-Oct;60(5):956-959.
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Society