Hong Shen, MD
I believe communication is the key to a successful patient-physician relationship. It is my goal to be a careful listener of my patients, understand their concerns and provide them with excellent care in a compassionate and honest manner.
Dr. Shen graduated from the University of Western Australia in Perth. He later completed his internship and residency at Fremantle Hospital in Fremantle, Australia. Dr. Shen finished his internal medicine residency and gastroenterology fellowship at Indiana University Medical Center. He has been awarded the Travel Award for managing a Hepatitis B workshop and was the Acting Chief for the Division of Gastroenterology/Hepatology at Wishard Memorial Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN, 2005
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN, 2002
- Resident, Fremantle Hospital, Fremantle, WA, Australia, 1998
- Internship, Fremantle Hospital, Fremantle, WA, Australia, 1998
- MD, University of Western Australia, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Perth, Australia, 1997
- Acting Director, Division of Gastroenterology/Hepatology, Wishard Memorial Hospital, Indianapolis
- Travel Award, Management of Hepatitis B: 2000 workshop, National Institute of Health (NIH), Bethesda, Maryland
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Member, American College of Gastroenterology, 2003 - Present
- Member, American Gastroenterology Association, 2003 - Present
- Member, American Association for the Study of Liver Disease, 2003 - Present
- Member, American College of Physicians, 1998 - 2000
- Member, Australian Medical Association, 1993 - 1998