Erik Van Kleek, MD
I view my role as a physician as one of teammate and partner. Every patient is unique although they may have common symptoms or diseases. While diagnosis and treatment plans are firmly rooted in the best available medical evidence and technology, my goal is to ensure each individual patient's concerns, questions and needs are met and to make certain they understand both their diagnosis and recommended course of action or treatment. I am humbled by the trust my patients place in me daily and always strive to repay that trust with open lines of communication.
A fourth generation Oregon native raised in Tigard, he enjoys soccer, snow skiing, the outdoors, and spending time with his wife and three children.
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA, 2008
- Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2005
- MD, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2002
- BS, Willamette University, Salem, OR, 1992
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors", 2021
- Member, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Oregon Gut Club