Samuel G. Shiley, MD
Samuel G. Shiley, MD is a native Oregonian. He completed his medical degree at the University of California at Irvine. He completed his internship in General Surgery and his residency in Otolaryngology at Oregon Health & Science University.
Education & Honors
- Residency, Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2004
- Internship, General Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2000
- MD, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA, 1999
- BA, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 1993
- Chair, Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, 2011-present
- Chair, Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center, 2011-present
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- AOA Honors Society, University of California, Irvine School of Medicine, 1999
- Swallowing function after chemoradiation for advanced stage oropharyngeal cancer. Shiley, S.G., Hargunani, C.A., Skoner, J.M., Holland, J.M., Wax, M.K.; Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006 Mar.
- Cervical sympathetic chain schwannoma. Wax, M.K., Shiley, S.G., Robinson, J.L., Weissman, J.L.; Laryngoscope. 2004 Dec. 1 citation
- Incidence, etiology, and management of cerebrospinal fluid leaks following trans-sphenoidal surgery. Shiley, S.G., Limonadi, F., Delashaw, J.B., Barnwell, S.L., Andersen, P.E., Hwang, P.H., Wax, M.K.; Laryngoscope. 2003 Aug.
- Intravenous sedation vs general anesthesia for pediatric otolaryngology procedures. Shiley, S.G., Lalwani K; Milczuk H.A. Archives of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery. 2003 June; 129 (6):637-41
- Volunteer, Project Access NOW
- Volunteer, A Child’s Passport to Health
- American Academy of Otolaryngology
- Oregon Medical Association
Parathyroidectomy has become even less invasive with the new availability of an eight minute intraoperative parathyroid hormone assay. Please contact our office to learn more.
Dr. Shiley is the best doctor I've ever been treated by. I'm 57 and have been through three significant surgeries in my adult life, so I've seen more than my share of doctors! Dr. Shiley is friendly, patient, respectful, responsive, a good listener, and he's extremely knowledgeable. It's obvious that he enjoys his job and truly cares.