Brian Shaffer, MD
I believe that providing the best patient care is not only being able to identify and deliver the best medical and surgical treatments for a condition, but also to foster an environment of open communication. With open dialogue, I can work together with patients to determine a treatment plan that fits in with their needs and respects their quality of life.
During his spare time, Dr. Shaffer enjoys electric guitar and spending time with his wife and three sons.
- Residency in Otorhinolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA, 2010
- Internship, General Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA, 2006
- MD, Weill-Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, 2005
- BA, Chemistry and Physics, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 2001
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Leadership Grant, American Academy of Otolaryngology, 2009
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2005
- James Moore Scholarship in Otorhinolaryngology, Weill-Cornell Medical College, 2005
- Summa Cum Laude, Harvard University, 2001
- Certificate of Distinction in Teaching, Harvard University, 2000
- Member, American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- Member, American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery