Donald Lum, MD, FACG
I believe communication between physician and patient is very important for the delivery of excellent health care. I want patients to be actively involved in the decision making for their own health care. I also feel patients should embrace preventative medicine and be pro-active in their health care decision making.
Dr. Lum graduated from the University of California at Davis. He completed his internship and residency at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) and later became Chief Resident for the Department of Medicine at OHSU. Dr. Lum completed a fellowship in gastroenterology at the University of California in San Francisco. He has received several honors and awards including the House Staff Teaching Award at OHSU and being inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Dr. Lum is a member of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and a fellow in the American College of Gastroenterology. He formerly served as Associate Chief of Gastroenterology for the VA Northern California Healthcare System. Dr. Lum is the medical director of Inflammatory Bowel Disease at The Oregon Clinic Gastroenterology East. He is the chair of the Portland Citywide IBD conference. He also serves as the Deputy of Member Engagement of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation IBD Qorus program.
In addition to spending time with his wife, 3 children, and labradoodle, Dr. Lum is an avid road cyclist. He enjoys the yearly ride from Seattle to Vancouver, BC with his cycling buddies. Dr. Lum's other major interest is traveling to new places. Although he's a fan of both the Blazers and Timbers, Dr. Lum grew up in Northern California and has always rooted for the San Francisco 49ers, San Francisco Giants and the Golden State Warriors!
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 1995
- Chief Resident, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1992
- Residency, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1991
- Internship, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1989
- MD, University of California, Davis, CA, 1988
- BS, Physiology, University of California, Davis, CA, 1983
- Associate Chief, Gastroenterology, VA Northern California Healthcare System, 1996 - 2005
- Director of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, The Oregon Clinic Gastroenterology East
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1992
- Ciba-Geigy House Staff Teaching Award, 1990 - 1991
- House Staff Teaching Award, 1989 - 1990
- Regents Scholar, University of California, 1978 - 1983
- Member, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology
- Clinical Faculty - Division of Gastroenterology, University of California Davis Medical Center, 1997 - 2005
- Governor, The American College of Gastroenterology, Oregon
- Medical Advisory Board, Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America, Northwest Chapter
- Chair, Citywide IBD Conference
- Deputy, Member Engagement, IBD Qorus, Crohn's & Colitis Foundation