David Jiang, MD, MS
My goal is to treat every patient as I would treat any of my family; I want to help patients understand their condition and help manage their condition as a team.
Dr. Jiang specializes in kidney, adrenal, prostate and bladder surgery. In addition to receiving his residency training at Oregon Health & Science University, Dr. Jiang also completed a fellowship at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston where he specialized in robotic/laparoscopic surgery as well as Holmium Laser Enucleation of the prostate. He was also appointed as Harvard Medical Faculty during that time. With his advanced robotic and laparoscopic skills, Dr. Jiang manages genitourinary cancers and other non-cancer ailments with minimal trauma.
Dr. Jiang believes the best part of his work is having patients who are happy with their care. His greatest joy comes from when he and his patient make a treatment plan together and the outcome exceeds their expectation.
While completing his residency training in Portland, Dr. Jiang fell in love with the Pacific Northwest. He enjoys the temperate climate and amazing green trails around the city where he and his wife will often go hiking. He also thinks the food and beer in Portland is some of the best in the world.
Education & Honors
- Fellowship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, 2021
- Residency, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2020
- Program in Clinical Effectiveness, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Boston, MA, 2020
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, 2015
- MS, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, 2009
- BA, Colgate University, Hamilton, NY, 2008
- Urology Resident Teacher of the Year, Oregon Health & Science University, 2020
- Urology Resident Scholar of the Year, Oregon Health & Science University, 2020
- Best Pediatric Video, North American Robotic Urology Symposium, Las Vegas, NV, 2020
- Urology Resident Scholar of the Year, Oregon Health & Science University, 2019
- Health Policy Essay 1st Place, Western Section - American Urological Association, Monterey, CA, 2019
- Resident Scholarship Award, Western Section - American Urological Association, Monterey, CA, 2019
- Award Winning Video, V04: ED, Infertility & Transgender, American Urological Association, 2019
- Transplant Resident of the Year, Oregon Health & Science University, 2018
- Miley B. Wesson Resident Essay 3rd Place, Western Section - American Urological Association, Maui, HI, 2018
- Resident Scholarship Award, Western Section - American Urological Association, Maui, HI, 2018
- Jiang D, Gillis K, Softness K, Chakiryan N, Levy A, Poylin V, Wagner A, Chang P. Prophylactic mesh placement at the time of ileal conduit creation: a simple sublay technique. Accepted. Journal of Endourology, Part B: Videourology. 6/2021
- Jiang D and Wagner A. “Patient preparation and positioning for laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery.” Atlas of Laparoscopic and Robotic Urologic Surgery. 4th Ed. Jay Bishoff & Louis Kavoussi. Elsevier. 2021. Print.
- Jiang D, Gillis KA, Chen Y, Hedges JC, Chakiryan NH. Perioperative stroke and myocardial infarction in urologic surgery. Can J Urol 2021;28(3):10678-10684
- Chakiryan N, Jiang D, Gillis K, Green E, Hajiran A, Hugar L, Zemp L, Zhang J, Jain R, Chahoud J, Spiess P, Sexton W, Gilbert S, Manley B. Real-World Survival Outcomes Associated With First-Line Immunotherapy, Targeted Therapy, and Combination Therapy for Metastatic Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma. JAMA Network Open. May 2021
- Chakiryan N, Jiang D, Gillis K, Green E, Hajiran A, Hugar L, Zemp L, Zhang J, Jain R, Chahoud J, Poch M, Manley B, Li R, Sexton W, Gilbert S. Pathologic Downstaging and Survival Outcomes Associated with Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy for Variant Histology Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer. Journal of Urology. May 2021.
- Jiang D, Chakiryan NH, Gillis KA, Hedges JC, Barry JM. Value of the transplant experience in urology residency. Accepted Canadian Journal of Urology.
- Jiang D, Hayes M, Gillis K, Korets R, Wagner A, Hedges J, Chakiryan N. Misaligned incentives in Benign Prostatic Enlargement Surgery: More complex and efficacious procedures are earning fewer relative value units. Journal Endourology. 2021 Jan25
- Jiang D, Roayaie K, Schlansky B, Orloff S, Scott D. Survival and renal function after liver transplantation alone in patients meeting the new UNOS simultaneous liver-kidney criteria. Clinical Transplantation. 2020;34(10):e14020
- Chakiryan NH, Gore LR, Reich RR, et al. Survival Outcomes Associated With Cytoreductive Nephrectomy in Patients With Metastatic Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma. JAMA Netw Open. 2022;5(5):e2212347. May 2022
- Member, American Urological Association
- Member, Western Section American Urological Association
- Member, Endourological Society