C.Y. Michael Chang, MD
I believe quality health care involves close collaboration between physicians and patients. By educating my patients with the information about their medical condition, they are empowered to work with the physician as a team to determine the best treatment options individualized to the patient.
Dr. Chang graduated cum laude from UCLA where he double majored in microbiology and economics. He received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine and completed his internal medicine residency at the University of California, Irvine.
Dr. Chang pursued advanced training in gastroenterology and hepatology at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York and joined Gastroenterology Specialists of Oregon (now The Oregon Clinic Gastroenterology - South) in 2002. Dr. Chang is board certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology and is proficient in all endoscopic procedures including capsule endoscopy. Dr. Chang serves on the Medical Care Advisory Board at Willamette Falls Hospital and the Medical Executive Committee at Legacy Meridian Park Hospital.
He is fluent in Mandarin and Taiwanese.
Dr. Chang spends his free time with his wife and daughters. He also enjoys traveling, golfing and exercising.
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, 2002
- MD, Baylor College of Medicine Irvine, Irvine, CA, 1999
- BS, Microbiology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 1992
- BA, Economics, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 1992
- Cum Laude, UCLA, 1992
- Executive Committee, Legacy Meridian Park Medicine
- Quality Counsel, Providence Willamette Falls
- Critical Care Committee, Providence Willamette Falls