Carrie Brown, MD
I believe that a good physician takes the time to listen. I want my patients to feel that I understand what they are most concerned about, and that I not only provide them with quality medical care but also care about their well-being.
Dr. Brown chose to focus on ENT because it allows her to work with a variety of patients, from infants to the elderly. It also allows her to treat patients both medically and surgically.
Dr. Brown most enjoys her work when patients let her know that she has had a positive impact on their lives. She also loves seeing her younger patients back in the office after they have had tubes or tonsil surgery. Being able to hear, having less ear infections, and taking less oral antibiotics makes a big difference for kids and their parents – when kids stop snoring, everyone in the family gets restful sleep.
Dr. Brown loves living in Portland because of all the surrounding area has to offer. Outside of work, she enjoys hiking and taking in the beauty of Oregon, cooking, gardening, yoga, wine tasting and spending time with her husband, two young children and dog.
Education & Honors
- Internship and Residency, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA, 2013
- MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, 2006
- BA, Chemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, 2002
- Recipient, National Institute of Health (NIH) Training Grant
- Member, Benjamin Rush Honor Society, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Brown C, Watson D. Lip Augmentation utilizing allogenic acellular dermal graft. Facial Plast Surg 2011 27(6):550-4.
- Yi D, Kuo SZ, Zheng H, Abhold EL, Brown CM et al. Activation of PDGFR and EGFR promotes the acquisition of a stem cell-like phenotype in schwannomas. Otol Neurotol 2012 33(9):1640-7.
- Ahmad Z, Brown C, Ongkeko W, Ryan A, Doherty J. ErbB expression, activation and inhibition with Lapatinib and Tyrohostin (AG825) in human vestibular schwannomas. Otol Neurotol 2011 32(5):841-7.
- Brown C, Ahmad Z, Ongkeko W, Ryan A, Doherty J. Estrogen receptor expression in sporadic vestibular schwannomas. Otol Neurotol 2011 32(1):158- 62.
- Ahmad Z, Brown C, Patel K, Ryan A, Ongkeko W, Doherty J. Merlin knockdown in human Schwann cells: Clues to vestibular schwannoma tumorigenesis. Otol Neurotol 2010 31(3):460-6.
- Maiorana C, Staecker H. Advances in inner ear gene therapy: exploring cochlear protection and regeneration. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2005 13(5):308-12.
- Deck P, Maiorana C. Step-growth polymers derived from indene and decafluorobiphenyl: A new polymerization mode for indene. Macromolecules 2001 34(1):9-13.
- Member, American Board of Otolaryngology
- Member, American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, 2013 - 2014