Andrew Levy, MD
I want to provide a personalized approach to my patients’ pulmonary care. I offer expertise, compassion, and an open mind to find a treatment plan that works best for you.
Dr. Levy is trained to treat a wide spectrum of pulmonary disease and also has specific expertise in treating sarcoidosis and other granulomatous lung diseases. He has spent much of his training and time in practice treating sarcoidosis and conducting research in this area.
Dr. Levy is interested in advancing our understanding of sarcoidosis through research and clinical care of patients. He is specifically interested in understanding lung fibrosis in sarcoidosis: which patients have lung scarring, how it progresses, and how it can best be treated. He is also interested in the interactions between ethnicity and manifestations of sarcoidosis.
Dr. Levy believes there is nothing more rewarding than being part of the journey of helping a patient back to good lung health. Developing a breathing problem can be scary, but Dr. Levy believes it is his privilege to help patients understand their illness and help them build a comprehensive treatment plan to get them back to living a healthy life.
Outside of work, Dr. Levy enjoys skiing, running, and playing basketball.
- Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Fellowship, Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, Denver, Colorado, 2018
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, 2015
- Residency, Internal Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, 2014
- MD, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, 2011
- BA, Williams College, Williamstown, MA, 2005
- Levy A, Hamzeh N, Maier LA. Is it time to scrap Scadding and adopt computed tomography for initial evaluation of sarcoidosis? F1000 Research. 2018 May 16; 7(F1000 Faculty Rev):600. doi: 10.12688/f1000research.11068.1.
- Gany F, Levy A, Basu P, Misra S, Silberstein J, Bari S, Gill P, Keller N, Changrani J, Leng JC. J Health Care Poor Undeserved. May 2012.
- Davidson K and Levy A. A Singular Clubbed Digit Indicating Sarcoidosis. Chest, San Antonio. 154(4):1068A. October 2018.
- McPherson K and Levy AK. The T-ruth Is in the Pleura: T-Cell Lymphoma in a Patient on Abatacept Diagnosed by Pleural Fluid Analysis. ATS San Diego, May 2018.
- Levy AK, Richards C, Escalon J, Barkes B, Mroz P, Lynch DA, Hamzeh NY, Fingerlin TE, Maier LA. Fibrotic pulmonary sarcoidosis is associated with obstructive respiratory physiology and architectural distortion on computed tomography. A5363. ATS San Diego, May 2018.
- Levy A, Jeong J, Lynch D, Hamzeh N, Rho J, Suh Y. Maier LA. Characteristics of CT-determined fibrotic pulmonary sarcoidosis. ATS Washington, D.C., May 2017.
- Speaker, Foundation for Sarcoidosis and Research
- Member, American Thoracic Society
- Member, American Association of Sarcoidosis and other Granulomatous Disease