At The Oregon Clinic Portland Dermatology, we care about your skin as much as you do. We've been a part of the Portland community since 1960, and our physician-only provider team includes eight board-certified dermatologists, backed by a highly trained staff. We provide dermatologic care to people of all ages including children and teens. We're committed to providing superior patient care—even offering urgent same-day and next-day appointments.
We are currently welcoming new patients. Please see our list of office locations to the right to find the location closest to you.
Once selecting a location, you can either call to schedule an appointment or click on a provider of your choice and request an appointment online.
Log into your online portal, MyHealthConnection, to request an appointment online, retrieve your medical records, request prescription refills, and communicate with your office.
If you don't have a log in, you can click on your office location to the right, and call or click on your provider to request an appointment.
To expedite your check-in process, please print and complete any applicable forms from our patient portal, MyHealthConnection (no login required).
We have four easy ways to refer your patient to The Oregon Clinic:
- EHR: The Oregon Clinic accepts electronic referrals using Secure Direct Messaging technology, allowing you to quickly and easily refer patients from your own Electronic Health Record. Please contact your system administrator about enabling this option.
- ONLINE: Refer your patient using our online tool.
- PHONE: Refer by phone by directly calling the specific office or doctor.
- FAX: Refer by faxing the specific office or doctor.
Our expert dermatologists are committed to long-term skin care health for people of all ages including children and teens. Our inviting office houses a wealth of medical knowledge—with an emphasis on compassion.
Meet Our Providers:
- Skin Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment
- General Medical Dermatology
- General Medical Dermatology
- Surgical Removal of Benign & Malignant Growths
- Skin Cancer Screening and Management (Including High-Risk Patients)
- General dermatology for adult and pediatric patients
- Skin Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment
Our expert, board-certified dermatologists treat most skin, hair, and nail conditions in people of all ages including children and teens.
Conditions we treat:
- Alopecia Areata
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Dandruff (Seborrhea)
- Dry Skin
- Eczema (Dermatitis)
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Nail Fungus
- Pre-Cancer (AK)
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Sun Damage
- Tinea Versicolor
Using the latest technology, our board-certified dermatologists and staff offer state-of-the-art procedures coupled with attentive care to treat your dermatologic condition.
Treatments we offer:
- Excimer Laser
- Narrowband Ultraviolet Light
- BLU-U Therapy
Treatments & Surgery Forms:
- Wound Care
Preparing for Surgery
- Most patients are scheduled directly for surgery without a preoperative visit. A consultation will be done on the day of the procedure.
- Surgery is performed under local anesthesia. We suggest that you eat your normal breakfast or lunch unless otherwise specified. Please bathe or shower and wash your hair to minimize your risk of a surgical site infection.
- It is important that you do NOT take any anti-anxiety medicines, narcotic pain medicines or similar types of medicines on the morning of the surgery. If needed, we will provide you with an anti-anxiety medicine once you have signed the consent form. You will need someone to accompany you to give you a ride home. This is a requirement if you receive anti-anxiety medicine.
- It is essential that you are able to positively identify the biopsy site on which surgery will be performed. If you cannot, please let us know ahead of time. You may need to go to your referring physician to have the site marked.
- Many of our patients are on blood thinning medications that are prescribed by their physician. We do not recommend stopping them without explicit permission from the prescribing physician. For those on Coumadin/Warfarin, please make sure that your INR is in the therapeutic range. We request that you stop taking any aspirin or ibuprofen compounds (like Anacin, Bufferin, Advil or Motrin), alcohol, vitamin E, gingko biloba and garlic pills at least one week before your surgery. They can increase your risk of bleeding during surgery. If your physician recommends aspirin please do not discontinue without their permission.
- For patients scheduled with Dr. Lee for Mohs or excisional surgery: View and print the Preparing for Surgery with Dr. Lee handout.
- For patients scheduled with Drs. Adler, Alexander, Bremner, Chang, Hopkins, Resnick or Shaw for surgery: View and print the Preparing for Surgery - General Dermatology handout.
We're here to keep your skin healthy and happy. We’re also here to help you feel great about how you look.
We offer a range of cosmetic services:
- Injectables & Fillers
- Laser Services
- Skin Care Services
- Skin Care Products
We recommend that you have a yearly skin check with your dermatologist to detect any suspicious moles or unusual lesions. If you have skin cancer, your doctor will recommend the frequency of your ongoing skin checks. Check your own skin monthly to detect any changes early on.
A complete skin exam at our clinic is a visual inspection of your skin by a board-certified dermatologist. A full skin screening of your body is recommended. A gown is provided for privacy. The complete skin exam takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. If no suspicious lesions are found during your exam, yearly skin exams will usually be recommended. If suspicious lesions are found, the physician will typically recommend a biopsy to rule out skin cancer. This procedure can be performed here in the office, usually at the time of your skin exam.
Choosing the best skin care products for your skin type can be confusing. We carry several lines of hypoallergenic products carefully selected by our board-certified dermatologists for purity and effectiveness. For professional advice on the best skin care products for your skin type, schedule a skin care evaluation with our skin care medical assistant. The evaluation is complimentary for our existing patients.
Links & Articles
DERMATOLOGY RELATED SITES
- American Academy of Dermatology: A comprehensive resource for all things related to skin disease, skin cancer and the profession of dermatology.
- National Eczema Association (NEA): Information about the diagnosis and treatment of eczema (atopic dermatitis).
- National Psoriasis Foundation: A patient-driven, nonprofit organization that is the voice for the millions of Americans with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Skin Cancer Foundation: Comprehensive resource for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of skin cancer.
- Sunscreens Remain Safe
OTHER SKIN DISEASE SITES
- National Alopecia Areata Foundation (NAAF)
- Vitiligo Support International
- International Pemphigus Pemphigoid Foundation (IPPF)
- North American Hair Research Society: Info on various types of hair loss.
- Cicatricial Alopecia Research Foundation (CARF)
- Cutaneous Lymphoma Foundation (CLF)
- Foundation for Ichthyosis and Related Skin Types (F.I.R.S.T)
- Chronic Itching
GENERAL MEDICAL INFORMATION
- National Library of Medicine: Huge source of all health-related materials
- The Merck Manual of Medical Information, Home Edition: An internet version of the easy-to-read medical reference.
- National Institutes of Health