Pacemaker/ICD Implants Pre-Procedure Instructions
- NPO: Please do not eat or drink anything other than water, after midnight (or at least 8 full hours).
- If on Blood thinners (Warfarin, Xarelto, Eliquis, Pradaxa): Unless instructed differently by your doctor
- For new implants: Hold it for 3 days before procedure.
- For “battery change outs”: Just hold the day of the procedure.
- Diuretics (Furosemide (Lasix), Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ), Torsemide (Demadex), Spironolactone (Aldactone): Hold the morning of the procedure.
- Insulin: ½ dose insulin the night prior to the procedure, no insulin morning of the procedure.
- Diabetic Medications: Please hold your diabetic medication the night prior or morning of the procedure.
- Length of Stay: You will probably be in the hospital for 4-5 hours. You may even need to spend the night at the hospital and might consider packing an overnight bag.
- You will need a ride home.
If you have any further questions, please give us a call at 503-692-0405.