Loop Recorder Pre-Procedure Instructions
- NPO: Please do not eat or drink anything other than water after midnight (or at least 8 full hours).
- If on Blood thinners (Warfarin, Xarelto, Eliquis, Pradaxa): Continue as usual and no need to hold.
- If on Aspirin or Plavix or Effient or Brilinta: Continue as usual and no need to hold.
- Diuretics (Furosemide (Lasix), Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ), Torsemide (Demadex), Spironolactone (Aldactone): Hold the morning of the procedure.
- Insulin: ½ dose insulin the night prior to the procedure, no insulin morning of the procedure.
- Diabetic Medications: Please hold your diabetic medication the night prior or morning of the procedure.
- Length of Stay: You expect to be at the clinic for about 30 minutes from check in to check out.
- You may need a ride home.
If you have any further questions, please give us a call at 503-692-0405.