Cardioversion Pre-Procedure Instructions
- NPO: Please do not eat or drink anything other than water after midnight (or at least 8 full hours).
- Blood thinners: Please DO NOT stop your blood thinner at any time unless instructed by your provider.
- Other heart medications: If you are on metoprolol or diltiazem or digoxin, please hold it the morning of the procedure.
- Insulin: ½ dose insulin the night prior to the procedure, no insulin morning of the procedure.
- Diabetic Medications: Please hold your diabetic medication the night prior or morning of the procedure.
- Length of Stay: You will probably be in the hospital for 3-4 hours.
- You will need a ride home, because you will be getting sedation for the procedure.
If you have any further questions, please give us a call at 503-692-0405.