Zibing Woodward, MD
I strive to provide the best individualized care to my patients through the use of evidence based medicine, active listening, empathy and compassion. I believe that with a collaborative approach based on mutual respect and education we will be able to achieve the best gastroenterology health possible for each patient.
Dr. Woodward graduated from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, with a degree in Biomedical Engineering and also received her medical degree from the University of Minnesota. Dr. Woodward completed her internship and residency in internal medicine at Oregon Health & Science University and then went on to complete a 3-year fellowship in Gastroenterology from the same institution.
Dr. Woodward has a special interest in advanced inflammatory bowel disease, esophageal disease, small bowel pathology and double balloon enteroscopy. Prior to joining the Oregon clinic, Dr. Woodward has conducted research in exploring gender disparities in the practice of medicine, work up of GI bleeding and various topics in inflammatory bowel disease. Her work has been presented at various national scientific meetings and published in multiple medical journals.
In her spare time, Dr. Woodward enjoys hiking, cooking, traveling, exploring the Portland dining scene and most of all spending time with her husband and labradoodle puppy.
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2016
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2012
- MD, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2009
- BS, Biomedical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2005
- Physician Advisor, Utilization Management Committee, Legacy Health, 2013
- Student Advisor, Essentials of Modern Medicine Steering Committee, University of Minnesota Medical School, 2007 – 2009
- President, Women in Medicine University of Minnesota Chapter, 2006 – 2007
- Student Board Representative, Minnesota Women Physicians, 2006 – 2007
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors", 2019
- Best Clinical Vignette Poster Presentation, American College of Physicians Oregon chapter, 2010
- Best Oral presentation, Society of General Internal Medicine NW Region, 2010
- Infectious Diseases Society of America Medical Scholars award, 2006
- Member, American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Member, American College of Gastroenterology
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association
- Member, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy