Amanda VanDlac, MD
My treatment philosophy is education. I don't think there's anything more rewarding than empowering patients to make decisions about their health care. Taking the time to teach patients about their diagnosis and the various treatment options allows us to work as a team in order to make a care plan that they can be comfortable with.
Dr. VanDlac graduated from the East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine in Greenville, NC. She later completed her internship in surgery and her residency in urology at Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, OR.
When Dr. VanDlac is not in the office, she enjoys running, mountain biking, skiing, hiking, backpacking, traveling, and cooking.
- Residency, Urology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2016
- Internship, Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2012
- MD, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, 2011
- BA, Psychology, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, 2007
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2020, 2021
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2011
- Brody School of Medicine Medical Alumni Scholarship, 2009-2010
- Rotaract Scholarship, 2008
- Brody School of Medicine Bookstore Scholarship, 2008-2009
- Summa Cum Laude, East Carolina University, 2007
- Thomas W. Rivers Scholarship, 2006
- Amanda A. VanDlac MD, Nick G. Cowan MD, Yiyi Chen PhD, Ross E. Anderson, Michael J Conlin MD, Jeffrey C. La Rochelle MD, Christopher L Amling MD and Theresa M. Koppie MD. Timing, Incidence and Risk Factors for Venous Thromboembolism in Patients Undergoing Radical Cystectomy for Malignancy: A Case for Extended Pharmacological Prophylaxis. The Journal of Urology, 2014;191, 943-947.
- Ruben C. Sloan, Matthew Rosenbaum, Dorcas O’Rourke, Karen Oppelt, Chad R. Frasier, Corinne A. Waston, Amanda G. Allan, and David A. Brown. Ketamine-xylazine anesthesia dose-dependently influences cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injury in guinea pigs. Journal of the American Association of Laboratory Animal Science, 2011;50(3):349-354.
- Member, American Urological Association