Theresa McSherry, FNP-C
My core philosophy is holistic, individualized care that focuses on patients' conditions as well as the effects of illness or injury on the lives of the patients and their families. I am passionate about working as a team with my patients, and the people close to them to achieve the optimal outcome.
Theresa has extensive experience in burn and wound care. She is certified in adult critical care, with many years of experience in the burn ICU, caring for patients from the onset of injury. As a nurse practitioner with experience caring for patients from the initial burn injury to years out, Theresa is committed to working with patients and families to heal, to achieve the best outcomes possible.
Theresa loves to cook, run, cross-country ski, bicycle and travel. She is honored to work with the United States National Disaster Medical System, deploying to the scene of multiple national and international sites to provide medical care when disasters occur.
- MSN, Nursing, Gonzaga University, Spokane, Washington, 2016
- Sigma Theta Tau
- March of Dimes 2011 Oregon Nurse of the Year Surgical Services
- Legacy Health Systems Nursing Excellence Award
- "Analysis of Enteral Feeding Tube Management at the Oregon Burn Center". A prospective two-phase study. Co-investigator 2008 second place overall, first in category research award from American Burn Association for Poster
- "A single Center, Open-Label, and Dose Escalation Safety Trial to Evaluate the Application of Topical Lidocaine during Dressing Changes in Wound patients". Abstract/research article accepted by the American Burn Association, 2015. Principal investigator
- "Acticoat Nanochrystaline Silver Application in Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis" poster winner and presentation John A. Boswick Burn and Wound Care Symposium February, 2006.
- "Effect on Virtual reality Distraction Therapy on Pain and Anxiety in Adults Undergoing Complex Dressing Changes" Abstract accepted, poster winner of best in category research award American Burn Association national Meeting, 2016. Principal Investigator
- Extensive work in Eastern Europe doing needs assessment for asset allocation and distribution for burn hospitals.
- Implementation and research of Virtual Reality Technology for use in pain management at The Oregon Burn Center
- Member, Oregon Burn Center Education Committee, Legacy Emanuel Skin Care Team
- Member, State of Oregon Burn Mass Casualty Plan Development Committee in collaboration is HHS/HRSA
- Member, Legacy Skin Care Team
- Member, American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Member, American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Member, National Disaster Medical System
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau, Gonzaga Chapter
- Member, American Burn Association
- Member, American Burn Association Advanced Practice Nursing Special Interest Group, Primary and co-investigator for research projects involving alternatives or adjuncts to narcotic medications for pain management
- Member, American Burn Association Advanced Practice Nursing Special Interest Group, Field test committee for the development of board certification for disaster management