Susan Johnson, MD
My main goal in my practice is to help every person I work with feel their best. By creating a partnership with them, I can best understand the issues to guide the most appropriate evaluation and develop a treatment plan.
Dr. Johnson was drawn to the field of gastroenterology because of the beautiful simplicity of the gastrointestinal tract. She believes the most rewarding part of her job is when a patient tells her that they are feeling better. She enjoys the relationships she has developed with many of her long-term patients who now feel like family to her.
Dr. Johnson likes living in Portland because of the accessibility: being able to find great restaurants, cultural events, and outdoor opportunities within minutes and also get to the mountains or beach in under two hours. Outside of work, Dr. Johnson loves spending time with her family (husband and two children), soaking up time in the sunshine, walking her dogs, gardening, and eating great meals with family and friends, whether cooked herself or at a local restaurant.
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship & Residency, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2007
- Internship, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA, 2000
- MD, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1999
- BS, Mount St. Mary’s College, Los Angeles, CA, 1995
- Portland Monthly Magazine "Top Doctors" 2020, 2021
- Member, National Charity League
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association