Christy M. Dunst, MD, FACS
Often there are many treatment options for patients with diseases of the esophagus. I prioritize patient education because I believe that the better you understand your individual medical problem, the better I can take care of you. My philosophy is to work with you as a team to determine which treatment option is best for you, and then provide you with superior surgical care in the least invasive way possible.
Dr. Dunst graduated from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. She later completed her internship and residency at Hennepin County Medical Center. Dr. Dunst completed a fellowship at Hennepin County Medical Center and later completed another fellowship in Thoracic Foregut and Esophageal Surgery at the University of Southern California. She is a member of several organizations, including the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, and the Association of Women Surgeons. She focuses on Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Barrett's Esophagus, Esophageal Cancer, and other minimally invasive surgical needs at The Oregon Clinic - Gastrointestinal and Minimally Invasive Surgery (GMIS). Dr. Dunst is one of only five physicians in Oregon implanting LINX devices to control Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). Learn more about LINX here.
- Fellowship, Thoracic Foregut/Esophageal Surgery, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 2006
- Fellowship, Critical Care, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, 2002
- Internship and Residency, General Surgery, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, 2004
- MD, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, CO, 1998
- BA, Molecular & Cellular Developmental Biology, Psychology, Biochemistry, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, 1993
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
- Swanstrom, Lee L., Dunst, Christy M., "Antireflux Surgery"
- Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Member, The Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT)
- Member, American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Member, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Member, International Society for Diseases of the Esophagus (ISDE)
- Member, Portland Surgical Society
Read the preview of Dr. Dunst's new book on antireflux surgery, written in partnership with The Oregon Clinic's Dr. Lee Swanstrom by clicking here. The book is available in hardcover and e-book formats.