Sean Watters, MD, FACS
Surgical care does not begin and end in the operating room. I am dedicated to providing the highest quality surgical care, matched by an environment of respect, informed shared decision making, and uniquely individualized care plans.
Dr. Watters was drawn to general surgery because it means being an all-around physician. He believes the ability to care for complex medical conditions and operate when surgery is indicated is the ultimate offering a physician can give to any patient. He finds satisfaction in his work when a great outcome in the operating room is met with the same great long term outcome for his patients – because that is when it feels like the patient-surgeon team has really won.
Dr. Watters is comprehensively trained on a broad range of general surgical conditions and offers thorough experience in traditional and advanced minimally invasive techniques to fit a variety of patient wants and needs.
Outside of work, Dr. Watters enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, cycling and "moon-walks" with his young son. He likes living in Portland because he loves being close to his extended family, the incredible bike culture, and the ability to live right in the middle of the great outdoors.
- Residency, General Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2018
- Internship, General Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2014
- MD, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2013
- BS, Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, 2007
- Best Transplant Surgery Resident of the Year, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2016
- Lorne D. Sullivan Award, Northwest Urological Society, 2010
- Sean T. Watters , Jennifer Sung, Steven J. Skoog. Endoscopic Treatment of Vesicoureteral Reflux: How Important is Technique. Journal of Pediatric Urology. Volume 9, Issue 6, Part B , December 2013, Pages 1192-1197
- Heckler AM, Sung J , Watters S , Martinez Acevedo A , Conlin M , Skoog S . The Long-term Incidence of Urinary Tract Infection After Endoscopic Management of Vesicoureteral Reflux. Urology . Volume 83, Issue 6, June 2014, Pages 1383-1387
- Resident Member, American College of Surgeons