Rashida Merchant, MD
When meeting a patient, the most important thing to do is listen.
Dr. Merchant is specially trained in providing comprehensive family planning, gender affirming care, and adolescent gynecology. Dr. Merchant has always been passionate about reproductive justice and creating access to care, so the OB/GYN field was a perfect fit. For Dr. Merchant, the best part of her job is getting to know her patients and creating and building relationships with them.
Dr. Merchant is new to the Portland area and is excited to explore the natural beauty and make her way through all the food trucks!
When not working, she enjoys spending time with family and friends. She loves to cook, eat, travel, read, and dive into a new TV series. She also speaks Hindi and Urdu.
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, The University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, 2020
- MD, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Scranton, PA, 2016
- Postbaccalaureate, Pre-medical Sciences, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2012
- BS, International Relations, Boston University, Boston, MA, 2007
- Katrina, M; Merchant, R; Hu, K “Pregnancy Outcome After Removal of Osmotic Dilators in Patients who Presented for Second Trimester Abortion,” Contraception January 2019
- Merchant, R., Mower, W., Ourian, A., Abrahamian, F., Moran, G.,Krishnadasan, A., Talan, D., “The Association Between Prior Appendectomy and Clostridium Difficile Infection: Implications for the Function of the Vermiform Appendix;” Journal of Clinical Medicine Research 2012 Feb; 4(1)17-9.
- Schriger, D.L., Chehrazi, A., Merchant, R., Chan, S. Altman, D; “Use of the Internet by Print Medical Journals in 2003-2009: A Longitudinal Observational Study;” Annals of Emergency Medicine 57.2 (2011):153-160.
- Junior Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Member, Society of Family Planning