R. Sterling Hodgson, MD
I enjoy establishing long term relationships with my patients that may last for years. I strive for a personal connection with each one.
Dr Hodgson is an otolaryngologist who specializes in disorders and dysfunction of the ear, especially the more challenging and technical aspects of diagnosis, treatment, and surgery of the ear. He enjoys the opportunity to develop meaningful, long lasting relationships with his patients of all ages. Dr Hodgson also appreciates that his field allows him to treat a combination of surgical and non-surgical issues.
Dr. Hodgson is originally from Portland, where much of his family still resides. He enjoys the climate of the area and the lifestyle of northwest living. Some of Dr. Hodgson’s favorite activities outside of work include daily exercise, skiing, jigsaw puzzles, spending time with his wife and dog, exploring wine country, and keeping in close touch with his adult sons in San Francisco.
- Residency, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR, 1984-1988
- Internship, Michigan State University, Flint, MI, 1983 - 1984
- MD, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR, 1983
- BS, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1979
- Otologist for Craniofacial Disorders team, Randall Children's Hospital, 1992-2019
- Member, American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
- Member, American Medical Society
- Member, Oregon Academy of Otolaryngology
- Member, Oregon Health Sciences University Alumni Association
- Member, Oregon Medical Association