Mark Thomas, MD
Areas of Focus:
Burn & Wound Care
Dr. Mark Thomas received his MD from the University of Louisville in Louisville, KY. His internship in general surgery took place at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego, CA. From there, he completed his General Surgery Residency at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) in Portland, OR and his Burn, Trauma and Surgical Critical Care Fellowship at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
He enjoys scuba diving, underwater photography, waterskiing and tennis in his spare time.
Education & Training:
- Fellowship, Burn, Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 2019
- Residency, General Surgery, Oregon Health Science University, Portland, OR, 2016
- Internship, General Surgery, Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA, 2009
- MD, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, 2008
- BS, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 2004
- Thomas M, Curis E, Stewart B, Mandell S, Pham T (2018) A Low-Cost Simulation Model and Instructional Video for Escharotomy Training (Abstract Pending)
- Thomas, M (2009, Oct. 10) Combat Lifesaver Medical Pre-Deployment Training Program (PTP). MarineNet Predeployment Training Program
- Omura M, Moy J, Wieslander C, Saxton E, Woo K, Thomas M, Yomtoubian C, Ahn S. (2004) Results of Surgery for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Patients presenting with headaches, Journal of Vascular Surgery (Accepted)
- Woo K, Thomas M, Moy J, Yomtoubian C, Ahn S. (2002, March) Unappreciated Scalenus Minumus and its implication on Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS). Presentation presented at: Society of Clinical Vascular Surgery; Las Vegas, NV.
- Omura M, Moy C, Wieslander S, Woo K, M. Thomas. (2002, March) Treatment of Headaches by Surgical Decompression of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Poster presented at: Society of Clinical Vascular Surgery; Las Vegas, NV.
- Woo K, Thomas M, Moy J, Yomtoubian C, Ahn S. (2001, Aug) Unappreciated Scalenus Minumus and its implication on Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, UCLA Health Sciences: http://research.mednet.ucla.edu
- Member, American Burn Association
- Member, American College of Surgeons