Lehel Somogyi, MD
I believe that every patient deserves the same attention and care as my own family. This includes medical decisions based on the most up-to-date information, a comfortable patient care environment and timely communications with patients and other physicians.
Dr. Somogyi graduated and completed his internship at the University of Zagreb, Medical School in Zagreb, Croatia. He later completed his residency in internal medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, NY. Dr. Somogyi finished his gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Florida. He joined The Oregon Clinic after serving on the faculty at the University of Cincinnati for five years. He focuses on bile duct diseases, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and other gastroenterology needs at The Oregon Clinic Gastroenterology - East. He is a member of the American Gastroenterological Association and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Dr. Somogyi is also a reviewer for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Dr. Somogyi's hobbies include hiking, photography, skiing, and windsurfing. His wife is a statistician, their son is an accountant and their daughter is hoping to enter medical school upon graduation from college.
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1999
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY, 1996
- MD, PhD, Internship, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia, 1993
- Director, Medical Procedure Unit, Providence Portland Medical Center
- Gastroenterology Department Chair, Providence Portland Medical Center
- Physician Quality Review Committee Member, Providence Portland Medical Center
- Kentucky Colonel
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, 1999-2004
- Member, International Liaison Committee, American Gastroenterological Association, 2001-2003
- Member, Technology Assessment Committee, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2004-2007
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association
- Member, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Reviewer, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Chair, Gastroenterology Department, Providence Portland Medical Center