Lauren Orr, MD
Caring for patients is a unique privilege. I often meet patients at their most vulnerable moments, and I want to earn their confidence by showing them the respect, professionalism, and expertise that I would want from a surgeon.
Dr. Orr brings extensive experience in endocrine and general surgery. In 2018, Dr. Orr completed a fellowship in Endocrine Surgery at University of California, Los Angeles where she was trained in neck ultrasound, thyroid and parathyroid surgery, and minimally invasive adrenal surgery, including both transabdominal and retroperitoneal approaches.
How Our Endocrine Surgeons Compare to National Benchmarks for High Volume Centers
Outside of work, Dr. Orr enjoys running, hiking, photography, and traveling.
- Fellowship, Endocrine Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 2019
- Residency, General Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2018
- MD, Columbia University, New York, NY, 2013
- AB, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, 2008
- Travel Scholarship Award Recipient, American Association of Endocrine Surgeons, 2019
- Ghazizadeh S, Kelly TL, Khajanchee YS, Fleser J, Rozenfeld Y, Neuman M, Hammill CW, Orr L, Aliabadi-Wahle S. Standardization of thyroid ultrasound reporting in the community setting decreases biopsy rates. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2021 Feb 2. doi: 10.1111/cen.14431. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33529386.
- Zhu CY, Sha SW, Tseng CH, Yang SE, Orr LE, Levin M, Wong CW, Livhits MJ, Yeh MW. Trends in the surgical management of known or suspected differentiated thyroid cancer at a single institution, 2010 - 2018. Thyroid 2020; Jun 9. Online ahead of print. PMID: 32515290
- Mederos MA, Orr L, Livhits MJ, Rigberg DA. Management of Acute Limb Ischemia Related to Underlying Pheochromocytoma. J Vasc Surg Cases Innov Tech 2020; 6(2): 272–276. PMID: 32510032
- Orr LE, Zhou H, Zhu CY, Haigh PI, Adams AL, Yeh MW. Skeletal effects of combined medical and surgical management of primary hyperparathyroidism. Surgery 2020; 167(1):144-148. PMID: 31582307
- Orr LE, McKenzie TJ, Thompson GB, Farley DR, Wermers RA, Lyden ML. Surgery for Primary Hyperparathyroidism with Normal Non-suppressed Parathyroid Hormone can be Both Challenging and Successful. World J Surg 2018; 42(2):409-414. PMID: 29134314
- Ellis JA, Orr L, McCormick II PC, Anderson RCE, Feldstein NA, Meyers PM. Cognitive and functional status after vein of Galen aneurysmal malformation endovascular occlusion. World J Radiol 2012; 4(3):83-9. PMID: 22468188
- Ollerenshaw DR, Bari BA, Millard DC, Orr LE, Wang Q, Stanley GB. Detection of tactile inputs in the rat vibrissa pathway. J Neurophysiol 2012; 108(2):479-90. PMID:22514290
- Oe Y, Orr L, Laifer-Narin S, Hyodo E, Koczo A, Homma S, Kandel J, Meyers P. Contrast-enhanced sonography as a novel tool for assessment of vascular malformations. J Angiogenes Res 2010; 2:25. PMID: 21092206
- Lee JH, Russ BE, Orr LE, Cohen YE. Prefrontal activity predicts monkeys' decisions during an auditory category task. Front Integr Neurosci 2009; 3:16. Epub 2009 Jun 30. PMID: 19587846
- Russ BE, Orr LE, Cohen YE. Prefrontal neurons predict choices during an auditory same-different task. Curr Biol 2008; 18(19):1483-8. Epub 2008 Sep 25. PMID: 18818080
- Bucci DJ, Hopkins ME, Keene CS, Sharma M, Orr LE. Sex differences in learning and inhibition in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Behav Brain Res 2008; 187(1):27-32. Epub 2007 Aug 25. PMID: 17904233
- Member, American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Member, American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists