Ken Flora, MD, FACG, AGAF
I believe patient education is key to patients taking control of their own healthcare. Medical decisions and planning become much more meaningful if patients understand what they have, why they have it and what it means for their future.
Dr. Flora graduated from Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU). He completed his internship; residency; and gastroenterology, therapeutic endoscopy and hepatology fellowship in the Divisions of Medicine and Gastroenterology/Hepatology at OHSU and the Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Dr. Flora focuses on hepatology and other gastroenterology needs at The Oregon Clinic Gastroenterology - East. He brings to the clinic several honors and awards including Fellowships in the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) and the American Gastroenterological Association, and Certificates of Recognition from the ACG, the Nurse Practitioner, and Physician Assistant Programs at OHSU. Dr. Flora is currently the Director of The Hepatology Clinic within The Oregon Clinic and the Regional Medical Director of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy for Providence Health and Services. He was formerly the Governor of the American College of Gastroenterology for Oregon. He was also the Ad Hoc Manuscript Reviewer for several journals including the American Journal of Gastroenterology. Dr. Flora is a member of several associations and organizations including the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
Dr. Flora's wife has degrees in nursing and business and is an Executive Coach. He has sons that are in college. Dr. Flora likes water sports and spending time in the woods. His baby is his Jeep.
- B.S., Biology, College of Arts and Sciences, Portland State University, Portland, OR, 1984
- M.D., School of Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR, 1988
- Intern/Resident, Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland Veterans Affairs, Medical Center, Portland, OR, 1988-1991
- Fellow, Gastroenterology, Therapeutic Endoscopy & Hepatology, Division of Gastroenterology/Hepatology, OHSU & VA, Portland, OR, 1991-1994
- Medical Director, Gastroenterology, Oregon Region, Providence Health and Services
- Director, The Liver Clinic. Portland Gastroenterology, The Oregon Clinic, Portland, Oregon
- Certificate of Recognition, Physician Assistant Program, OHSU, 1999
- OHSU Rose Award, Nov. 1994, Feb. 1997, May 1997, Sept. 1999, Mar. 2001
- Fellow, American Gastroenterology Association
- Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology
- Providence Clinic Transformation Council - Liver Disease Medical Management Pilot, 2012
- CareOregon - Community-Based Outreach Model of Care, 2012
- InterHospital Physician Association - Portland Clinical Innovation Grant, 2010
- CareOregon Care Support and System Innovation Program, 2010
- CareOregon Care Support and System Innovation Program, 2008
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2016
- Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, OHSU, Portland, OR
- Governor, Oregon Region, American College of Gastroenterology, 1999-2002
- Member, American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association
- Member, American College of Gastroenterology
- Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Associate Editor, Journal Watch, 2001-2006
- Ad Hoc Manuscript Reviewer for: American Journal of Gastroenterology; Liver Transplantation and Surgery; Gastrointestinal Endoscopy; Pharmacological Research; Southern Medical Journal.