Kelvin Yu, MD, FACS
To me, the best treatment plans are a balance between evidence based medicine and compassionate, individualized care. To provide a high standard of care, I am relentless in assuring that patients have received the required follow up care or instructions. I am passionate that patients be provided the highest quality of surgical care possible.
Dr. Yu has been in surgical practice in Portland, Oregon since 1997. He graduated from the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine where he also started and completed residency training in General Surgery. He also completed a fellowship in Surgical Oncology at the National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health. He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
His practice interest includes all aspects of General Surgery. As an Endocrine Surgeon, he has a strong interest and expertise in the management and treatment of Thyroid, Parathyroid and Adrenal disorders. As a Surgical Oncologist he has a particular interest and proficiency in the management and treatment of melanoma, breast disorders, intra-abdominal malignancies and soft tissue tumors.
When he is not working he enjoys cycling, traveling, cooking and snowboarding.
- Fellow, Surgical Oncology, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, Surgery Branch, Bethesda, MD, 1995
- Residency, General Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 1990-1993, 1995-1997
- MD, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 1990
- BA, Biology and Psychology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, 1986
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2008, 2013, 2018
- Psi Chi Honor Society, 1986
- Magna Cum Laude, Rutgers University, 1986
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1986
- Henry Rutgers Thesis Scholar, Rutgers University, 1986
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Member, American Board of Surgery
- Member, American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Endocrine Surgery