Hetal Fichadia, MD, FACS
I believe you deserve excellent surgical care in a friendly and compassionate environment with careful attention to your individual and lifestyle needs. It’s a privilege to work with you to arrive at solutions that help you live the life you want.
Dr. Fichadia is a dual board-certified, comprehensively trained plastic, and reconstructive surgeon. She completed medical school education at the prestigious Gujarat University in Ahmedabad, India. She completed general surgical training at St Elizabeth’s Medical Center, an affiliate of Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, MA.
She subsequently completed a highly competitive plastic surgery program at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland. She has presented research from her time in Boston and Portland at various surgical meetings such as Clinical Congress of the American College of Surgeons and an annual meeting of the American Society of Plastic Surgery.
Her international upbringing has sensitized her to the disparities inadequate access to care. She feels passionate about Global Health Initiatives and has participated in surgical mission trips in developing nations, such as Ecuador and India.
She is certified by the American Board of Surgery and American Board of Plastic Surgery. She is an active member of American College of Surgeons, Northwest Society of Plastic Surgeons and Association of Women Surgeons. She aims to offer her patients compassionate and personalized care, spanning the full spectrum of aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
Based on her credentials, patient results, and expertise, Dr. Fichadia has been named a "Top Doctor" on RealSelf.com. In order to be a RealSelf "Top Doctor," a physician must be board-certified, highly rated by her patients, and an active participant in educating patients about aesthetic medicine and plastic surgery. Dr. Fichadia is among only 10% of RealSelf doctors to achieve this honor.
In her free time, she enjoys traveling with her husband and daughters. Her other interests include hiking, kayaking, reading and cooking.
Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC):
Surgery Center at Tanasbourne
Center for Specialty Surgery
- General Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Chief Resident, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2015
- Resident, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2014
- Chief Resident, General Surgery, St Elizabeth’s Medical Center of Boston, Tufts University, Boston, MA, 2012
- Resident, General Surgery, St Elizabeth’s Medical Center of Boston, Tufts University, Boston, MA, 2011
- MD, Gujarat University, Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad, India, 2005
- MBBS, Gujarat University, BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad, India, 2002
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors", 2019, 2020
- Citation for Excellence in Teaching, Tufts University School of Medicine 2008-2010
- Samuel Gargano MD House Officer’s Award in General Surgery 2010
- Gujarat University Gold Medal in MD (Ob-Gyn) 2005
- Indian Pharmacological Society Gold Medal in Pharmacology, 1999
- Gujarat University Gold Medal in Biochemistry, 1998
- Fichadia H, Layman C. Candida parapsilosis Tenosynovitis in an Immunocompetent Patient: Case Report and Review of Literature. J Hand Surg Am. 2015 May;40(5):993-6
- Fichadia H, Solomon J, Lee PHU. An unusual duplication of the palmaris longus muscle. Int J Anat Var (IJAV). 2015; 8: 15-16
- Fichadia, H. K., & Hansen, J. E. (2013). Nationwide trends in hospital charges and length of stay for immediate breast reconstruction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 132(4S-1), 164.
- Daniel Del Vecchio, Hetal Fichadia. Autologous Fat Transplantation – A Paradigm shift in Breast Reconstruction Chapter 11, Breast Reconstruction - Current Techniques, ISBN 978-953-307-982-0 (2011)
- Member, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Northwest Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, Association of Women Surgeons
Dr. Fichadia performed my breast reduction about a week ago and I couldn't be more pleased! She was both compassionate and professional through the process, and her skill as a surgeon is evident in the aesthetic results of the surgery.
Dr. Fichadia is awesome! I recently had a breast reduction surgery and I feel amazing. She was very thorough before the procedure about what to expect in results and recovery. The procedure itself went very smoothly and the recovery has been better than I expected. She's very warm and lovely. I'm so pleased I found her!
Dr. Fichadia is an extraordinary physician and surgeon. I say both because surgical expertise is one thing, and attentive, responsive, genuinely compassionate care by a physician is another. She brings both to any patient fortunate to find her. I was. I recommend her highly.
Dr. Fichadia is competent, compassionate. Prior to surgery she answered all my questions in a respectful manner. The day after the surgery she called me at home to see how I was and if I had any concerns. Within a week following surgery I had feeling in all fingers - something I hadn't had for several years.
I was in severe pain for nearly a year. I had two carpal tunnel surgeries, two weeks apart. Dr. Fichadia was very professional, kind, and answered all of my questions. Two months later, all my pain is gone. I highly recommend Dr. Fichadia for any carpal tunnel surgery."