Erika Copperman, DO
I believe that good medical care is a partnership between the patient and their provider. I understand that a person's health is a complex weaving of physical, emotional, and social health. It is important to treat the entire person and it is my mission to develop relationships with my patients that allow me to provide patient-centered, individualized care that looks at the whole patient.
Dr. Erika Copperman chose to enter the OBGYN field because of the opportunity to develop long-term relationships with patients that will continue through generations, while also being trained to intervene surgically or through procedures when needed. Every day she can help a person with family planning needs, help teach a person about their body, or provide a complicated surgical procedure, she is reminded of how lucky she is to work as an OBGYN.
Dr. Copperman is trained to provide minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, including using the robotics-assisted daVinci Surgical System. Additionally, her training in osteopathic medicine provides a unique background in holistic medicine and osteopathic techniques.
Dr. Copperman is originally from Eugene, OR and grew up in the Pacific Northwest. She loves living in Portland because of the city’s beauty, the access to nature, and the incredible number of fantastic restaurants and amazing food available to cook great meals with her family and friends.
When Dr. Copperman is not working, she can be found spending time with her husband and three sons. She also enjoys watching sports, playing games with her family, cooking, and trying new restaurants.
- Residency, OBGYN, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2020
- Residency, OBGYN, Aurora Health Care, Milwaukee, WI, 2018
- DO, Western University of Health Sciences, Lebanon, OR, 2016
- MS, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, 2012
- BS, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 2005
- AUGS Resident Scholar Award
- Exceptional Patient Care Award
- William G. Woodman Humanitarian Memorial Award
- Distinguished Service Award for the Lebanon Health Career Ladder
- Judy Mann di Stephano Award
- Waldo E. Cummings Award
- Oregon State University Diversity Scholar
- Member, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Osteopathic Association
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Member, Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of Oregon