Erica Magelky, MD
I believe a successful relationship between doctor and patient is created from trust, compassion, and shared goals. My aim is to become a trusted advisor for each patient's questions and concerns about their health and wellbeing. I believe that medicine is a field of life-long learning, and I can continue to learn so much from listening to my patients and their experiences, as well as reviewing and sharing high-quality research.
Dr. Magelky has received extensive training in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, including laparoscopic hysterectomy and myomectomy, with and without the robotic-assisted DaVinci surgical system. Her training has also included time working with and learning from certified midwives, and she is comfortable and experienced with unmedicated, natural childbirth.
OBGYNs have the distinct privilege of caring for a wide variety of patients and being able to offer a range of services, including preventative health maintenance, management of normal and high-risk pregnancies, offering advice and medication or minor procedures for specific problems, and even performing major surgery when appropriate. They also care for patients throughout their lifetimes as their needs change, and often establish long-term relationships that are rewarding for both patient and doctor. When a patient tells Dr. Magelky something about themselves, their health, or their social situation that is sensitive and personal, she feels honored to listen to their stories and hold their trust.
Dr. Magelky grew up in Texas and has lived in Boston, Cleveland, and San Diego throughout her training, but somewhere along the way she visited Portland and fell in love with the city and with the Pacific Northwest. She loves the culture here and the commitment to self-expression, sustainability, and community-building. She enjoys cooking and eating and is beyond excited to explore the vibrant food scene in Portland.
Outside of work, Dr. Magelky loves sitting down with friends and loved ones for a great meal and a long, wandering conversation. She also enjoys cycling, rock climbing, and paddle boarding. She has two cats and a dog that keep her entertained and her home covered in fur.
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, 2022
- MD, The Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, 2018
- Masters in Bioethics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 2018
- BA, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Boston University, Boston, MA, 2010
- Resident Education Chief (2020 - 2022)
- Gita Gidwani, M.D. Award for Obstetrics and Gynecology (2018)
- Andrew J. Fishleder, M.D. Leadership Award (2018)
- The Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine Scholarship (2013 – 2018)
- Medical Students for Choice Travel Award (2017)
- Bernadine P. Healy, MD and Floyd D. Loop, MD Scholarship (2016)
- Member - American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology