Andrew Pedersen, MD
I try to treat patients the way I want to be treated by a physician. My approach is to educate the patient about their problem and involve them in the decision making process, thus giving them a better understanding of their health care.
Dr. Pedersen received his MD from Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU). He later completed his surgical internship and finished his residency in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL. He now focuses on general head, neck and sinus related issues and Thyroid & Parathyroid Surgery at The Oregon Clinic Ear, Nose & Throat Plaza. Dr. Pedersen has been featured as one of Portland Monthly Magazine's Top Doctors, and is a member of many associations and organizations, including the American Medical Association and the American Rhinologic Society.
- Residency, Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1996
- Surgical Internship, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1992
- MD, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1991
- BA, Biology, Whitman College, Walla Walla, WA, 1987
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1991
- Cum Laude, Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU), 1991
- Otolaryngology Resident Teacher of the Year Award, 1996
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2006
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2007
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2008
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Member, American Rhinologic Society