- ABOUT ME
- AREAS OF FOCUS
- EDUCATION & LEADERSHIP
- LOCATIONS & HOSPITALS
- NEWS & PUBLICATIONS
My responsibility is to care for my patients with the utmost competence and compassion. I strive to educate patients about their condition so they may make an informed decision about their healthcare.
Dr. Antezana has been a neurosurgical consultant in Portland since 2002. He earned a Bachelor of Science in biomedical engineering from Catholic University of America, and an M.D. from the University of Minnesota. He later completed residency and fellowships at Johns Hopkins Hospital in neurological surgery, cerebrovascular research and orthopedic spine surgery. Dr. Antezana is Providence Health & Services’ lead investigator on two NIH-sponsored trials; and his research on neurophysiological monitoring in surgery has been presented at major international neurosurgical conferences. He currently serves as the chair of neurosurgery at Providence Portland Medical Center.
When Dr. Antezana is not working he enjoys hiking and skiing.
- Spinal deformity surgery outcomes and complications
- Neurophysiological monitoring in surgery
- CLEAR-III Clinical Trial: determining whether rapid removal of intraventricular hemorrhage with a recombinant tissue plasminogen activator improves neurologic outcome
- MISTIE-III Trial: determining whether minimally-invasive brain surgery plus recombinant tissue plasminogen activator in patients with intracranial hemorrhage results in improved functional outcome
- EMG Monitoring Threshold in Lumbar Spine Pedicle Screw Testing. Scoliosis Research Society Annual Meeting, Lyon, France, September 2013.
- Evaluation of EMG Monitoring of Pedicle Screw Placement With CT Scan Confirmation in an Adult Deformity Population. American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Scientific Meeting, San Francisco, April 2014.
- Dangerous Decibels, a hearing-preservation program for grade schools, developed by OHSU scientists and funded by the National Institutes of Health.
American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Congress of Neurological Surgeons
North American Spine Society
Oregon Medical Association
Oregon Neurosurgical Society
Scoliosis Research Society
Biomedical Engineer & Research Assistant to Dr. Gajdusek, Nobel Laureate, National Institutes of Health/Laboratory of Central Nervous System Studies
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Research Fellowship, Cerebrovascular Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
Fellowship, Orthopedic Surgery/Adult Spinal Reconstructive Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
Residency, Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, 2001
Internship, General Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, 1995
MD, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 1994
BS, Biomedical Engineering, The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC
Neurosurgery Chair, Providence Portland Medical Center
Portland Monthly Magazine, “Top Doctors”, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2022, 2023, 2024
Harvey Cushing Hunterian Research Award
Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
Roy Bode Memorial Award of Catholic University
Exceptional Summer Student Award of NINDS/NIH
Sigma Xi Research Society