Crystal Duran, MD
Every patient deserves a physician who demonstrates competence, compassion, and advocates fiercely for them.
Dr. Crystal Duran chose to enter Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine because it is a very diverse, complex field. She says: “Pulmonary medicine requires nothing less than excellence, decisiveness, and perseverance for your patients, which is what I continuously strive for.”
Although her medical training could be exhausting at times, Dr. Duran discovered that even on her most difficult and busy days she still loved working in this field.
Dr. Duran knows that the medical field can be extremely confusing for patients, coupled with the added stress of being sick or taking care of someone who is sick. She strives to make sure that she listens to her patients and takes the time to explain what’s going on in ways they can understand, in order to offer some clarity and relief. Dr. Duran speaks French and Spanish.
Outside of work, Dr. Duran enjoys experimenting with baking, cooking, reading, watching horror movies, and swimming.
- Fellowship, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University, Augusta, GA, 2020
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, PA, 2017
- MD, Rush Medical College, Rush University, Chicago, IL, 2014
- BS, California State University, Bakersfield, Bakersfield, CA, 2008
- Taskar, V., Phanthok, T., and C. Duran. (2019). Sleep overlap syndrome and association with other medical disorders. International Journal of Head and Neck Surgery (Theme: Obstructive Sleep Apnea). 10(1)
- Iftikhar, IH, Teng, S, Schimmel, M, Duran, C, Sardi, A, and S. Islam. (2019). A network comparative meta-analysis of percutaneous dilatational tracheostomies using anatomic landmarks, bronchoscopic, and ultrasound guidance versus open surgical tracheostomy. Lung. 197(3): 267-275.
- Khan, SU, Duran, CA, Rahman, H, Lekkala, M, Saleem, MA, and E. Kaluski. (2017). A meta-analysis of continuous positive airway pressure therapy in prevention of cardiovascular events in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea. European Heart Journal. 1-9. PMID 29069399.
- Kissell, K, Duran, CA, and Tsai-Morris, C. (2014). New Technologies in Male Contraception. Current Women’s Health Reviews. 10(2): 93-106.
- Member, American College of CHEST Physicians