Brian Blair, MD
I believe in educating my patients about their condition and deciding upon their treatment plan as a team. I am committed to providing patients with individualized, compassionate care using the latest innovation and technology.
Dr. Blair is fellowship trained in urologic oncology and robotic surgery. He brings extensive experience in utilizing the Da Vinci surgical system in the treatment of both benign and malignant urologic conditions. Dr. Blair is also well-versed in the management of complex cancers of the genitourinary system, offering both minimally invasive and open approaches as appropriate for the patient’s condition.
Dr. Blair was drawn to urology because of the teamwork the specialty cultivates, the dedication it requires, and the diversity in the types of conditions treated. He likes that urology incorporates both surgery and medicine in patient care, providing daily opportunities to make a rewarding, immediate impact in their lives.
Dr. Blair enjoys having one-on-one interactions with patients and working with them from diagnosis to treatment to recovery. He finds it gratifying to help cure potentially devastating diseases while achieving an excellent quality of life for his patients. As a urologist who is often at the forefront of technologic advances, Dr. Blair is excited to apply new innovations in the care of his patients to help them achieve their desired outcome.
Outside of work, Dr. Blair likes spending time with family, playing sports, hiking, kayaking, and exploring the outdoors. He enjoys living in Portland because the city offers many opportunities to explore the outdoors and create adventures, and he looks forward to sharing these experiences with his kids as they grow up.
- Fellowship, Urologic Oncology and Robotic Surgery, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA, 2019
- Residency & Internship, Urology, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, 2018
- MD, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA, 2013
- BS, Biology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 2008
- First Place, Mid-Atlantic American Urological Association Resident Prize Essay Contest. Podium presentation: “Impact of USPSTF Recommendations on Prostate Biopsy Characteristics and Disease Presentation at a Tertiary-care Medical Center.”, March 2018
- First Place, Mid-Atlantic American Urological Association Resident Bowl 2016, October 2016
- Blair, Brian M; Robyak, Haley; Clark, Joseph; Kaag, Matthew; Lehman, Erik B; Raman, Jay. “Impact of United States Preventive Services Task Force Recommendations on Prostate Biopsy Characteristics and Disease Presentation at a Tertiary-Care Medical Center.” Prostate International 6(3): 110-114. September 2018.
- Blair, Brian M; Vilson, Fernandino; Kocher, Neil J; Kloniecke, Edward; Clark, Joseph Y. “Longitudinal Rupture of Distal Corpus Cavernosum with Concomitant Urethral Injury: An Uncommon Result of a Common Mechanism.” Urology 118: e5-e6. August 2018.
- Blair, Brian M; Lehman, Erik B; Jafri, Syed M; Kaag, Matthew G; Raman, Jay D. “Predicted versus Observed 30-Day Perioperative Outcomes Using the ACS NSQIP Surgical Risk Calculator in Patients Undergoing Partial Nephrectomy for Renal Cell Carcinoma.” International Urology and Nephrology 50: 1249-1256. June 2018.
- Blair, Brian; Huang, Gene; Arnold, Don; Li, Roger; Schlaifer, Amy; Anderson, Kirk; Engebretsen, Steven; Wallner, Caroline; Olgin, Gaudencio; Baldwin, D. Duane. “Reduced Fluoroscopy Protocol for Percutaneous Nephrostolithotomy: Feasibility, Outcomes, and Effects on Fluoroscopy Time.” The Journal of Urology (J Urol) 190(6): 2112-6. December 2013.
- Blair, Brian M; Kaag, Matthew G. “Chapter 148: Management of Scrotal/Testicular Mass.” Clinical Algorithms in General Surgery: A Practical Guide. Springer, 2019.
- Uganda Humanitarian Service Trip Volunteer, Good Samaritan Ministries and Lake Bible Church. Masaka and Nambiriizi, Uganda, 2008
- Member, American Urological Association
- Associate Fellow, American College of Surgeons